Not heard from Job interview

Guest RobJ1978

Guest RobJ1978

....do i give up and look else where?

I had my interview on 1st july, they sounded positive and asked for references, whom they haven't contacted. I have sent two emails and had no reply....how rude!!!

Anyway, i have heard that there isn't an urgency to telling someone about their sucessfullness in OZ like it is in UK...but how long do i hold on for?

It wasn't an advertised job i went for i sent my CV to a Neonatal Unit and it progressed from there, so they must have been interested or they wouldn't of persued it (this is what i'm telling myself!).

I can't understand why they haven't replied to any of my emails, it doesn't take two minutes to tell someone if they hace been successfull or not!

Am i right in saying there is only two hospitals with 'main' neonatal units in adelaide?

Nic

Guest Damien

Hi,

I'm lucky enough to be doing a job here that is pretty much impossible to get. Before I even applied I phoned the director (of an SA government dept) and chatted with him about my application. When I was finally offered a position I was told that they'd be in touch within a week, after about 10 days I phoned and they said 'yeah, no worries, we'll let you know a starting date, just got to confirm a few things before you officially get the offer'. Didn't hear anything for a while then finally got a call saying we want you to move to Mount Gambier in 3 weeks, you'll get your contract offer on your first day! And that's the government!

My advice to you is keep phoning, it seems to make things happen here. Keeping quiet gets you forgotten.

And now I've settled in the job it is AWESOME!

Damien

Guest bishop3912
....do i give up and look else where?

I had my interview on 1st july, they sounded positive and asked for references, whom they haven't contacted. I have sent two emails and had no reply....how rude!!!

Anyway, i have heard that there isn't an urgency to telling someone about their sucessfullness in OZ like it is in UK...but how long do i hold on for?

It wasn't an advertised job i went for i sent my CV to a Neonatal Unit and it progressed from there, so they must have been interested or they wouldn't of persued it (this is what i'm telling myself!).

I can't understand why they haven't replied to any of my emails, it doesn't take two minutes to tell someone if they hace been successfull or not!

Am i right in saying there is only two hospitals with 'main' neonatal units in adelaide?

Nic

Hi RobJ1978, I would say give them a phone call as the OP recommended. This kind of thing is not uncommon out here though, the same happened to my OH when he was looking for a job a few years ago. One job he went for, they gave him all the verbal positives that he had the job, but the actual offer took a month to come in and then there was a delay with contract etc cause they had to get the funding for the job signed off!!!!! needless to say he went elsewhere lol. Good luck :cute:

Guest RobJ1978

Thanks Guys, I was gonna get up early this morning and ring however DD was poorly last night so ended up sleeping in...however when i checked my emails, there was one on behalf of the lady who interviewed me (she is on holiday and not back til 15 Aug) saying they were waiting for authorisation to fill vacancies and they would be in touch soon.......doesn't really say if i have it or not (although it sounds positive or they wouldn't be waiting for anything, they would just have said i didn't have it), so gonna send CV to Women and Childrens as well, i think. ha ha, i'm not good at saying no...and i'm worried if i happen to get an interview at one when one has already offered me the job, how i will say no to the other.....i suppose the flip side to that is i could end up with nothing!

• 5 weeks later...