work wanted

jomark

Guest cornish Busdriver
Hi we are still in the uk at the moment but are due to be with you in November. What qualification do you need for the driving jobs x

Hi Sharon

Depends on what type of driving

PSV = Medium Ridged (MR) Heavy Ridged (HR) or Heavy Combination (HC) auto or manual

class 2 same as bus / Manual

class 1 -= Multi Combination (MC) Manual

If ya get MC it covers both truck and bus

UK truck and bus licences are NOT VALID in australia so will have to redue the test but its realy realy easy.

Guest nic-manchester
Does anyone have or know of any work going at the moment, anything considered.....38yr old bricklayer (licenced and insured) also have Work zone traffic management certificate and white card.

Pm or contact me on 0406347647

Many thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, is the work situation still not good? we hoping this week to book flights for 1st week in November. House will be rented now just sorted mortgage and released equity out. Was hoping things might have picked up since we last spoke?

Nicola

Hi Mark, is the work situation still not good? we hoping this week to book flights for 1st week in November. House will be rented now just sorted mortgage and released equity out. Was hoping things might have picked up since we last spoke?

Nicola

Hi nicola, no still not good but things can change by november (fingers crossed)

Jo

Hi we are still in the uk at the moment but are due to be with you in November. What qualification do you need for the driving jobs x

Nov/Dec/Jan are generally the worst times to be looking for work as a lot of places close over the Christmas period as this is the kids 6 weeks school holiday period, so just keep it in mind and I would suggest making sure you have money to cover this period as a precaution.

Nicola

Nov/Dec/Jan are generally the worst times to be looking for work as a lot of places close over the Christmas period as this is the kids 6 weeks school holiday period, so just keep it in mind and I would suggest making sure you have money to cover this period as a precaution.

Guest pauljoinoz

We arrived in December & the building sites were like ghost towns until at least the end of Jan.

My husband found it ok to find work although that was nearly 3 years ago & we have noticed that lots has changed since then, especially the FHOG being lowered.

Good luck!!!!

Guest cornish Busdriver
Thanks matt, only have a car licence so driving jobs no good....might be something to look at in the future but gotta get the pennies in first. :0)

If you do think about bus driving then the company's pay you to train :-) you don't pay them unles u leave within 12 months

Guest nic-manchester
Hi nicola, no still not good but things can change by november (fingers crossed)

Jo

Thanks Jo

Hopefully, but should be ok to ride out the christmas period until something comes up thanks :-))

I was sitting in a cafe before work this morning and heard the builders behind me talking about being unable to find someone to fill some jobs they had - they were saying they'd tried everyone: indians, chinese, vietnamese, filipinos but no joy.... (they didn't mention poms!) don't know what the jobs were but if I hear/see them again I'll pluck up courage to ask what they're looking for! There are obviously some jobs in the building trade out there still.

I was sitting in a cafe before work this morning and heard the builders behind me talking about being unable to find someone to fill some jobs they had - they were saying they'd tried everyone: indians, chinese, vietnamese, filipinos but no joy.... (they didn't mention poms!) don't know what the jobs were but if I hear/see them again I'll pluck up courage to ask what they're looking for! There are obviously some jobs in the building trade out there still.

Thx so much diane, dont get known as a stalker lol......Jo