help needed re AMNAC skills assessment and AHPRA nurse reg! anyone done both??

Guest Tanya

getting pretty confused as to what to do here!ok, we are applying for the PR 175 visa. Due to age, I will be the main applicant on the visa. My husband and I are both qualified mental health nurses. Now this is where we get confused........to apply for the visa I think I need to do the ANMAC skills assessment. I also need to apply for nurse registration. Do ANMAC forward all your details to AHPRA for registration once they've done the assessment?? does the fee charged by ANMAC include the registration fee or is it yet another fee?? (think ive asked this elsewhere also lol) also, I know my husband needs to apply for nurse registration but as he is not the main visa applicant, does he still need to do the skills assesment as well?

any info regarding this whole process would be much appreciated!

Guest RobJ1978

Hi Tanya,

can't answer all your questions but ANMAC will forward your details to AHPRA but you have to email them to where you want the details sent to. I also don't know if they charge for this, but i think there is an application form you will need to fill in for AHPRA with a fee to pay to them, then all your info will come together like it did for ANMAC. I am just waiting for my skills assessment, i know i need to apply for AHPRA and i will over the coming weeks. What i want to know is whether you have to re register on a yearly basis like the NMC, or whether once you have got the AHPRA registration if you have to over there within a certain time frame.

Also i THINK your hubby is ok to have the AHPRA and not the skills assessment.

Hope this helps!

Nic

Guest Kat+Rocco

Hi nic all it states on my eligibility letter from AHPRA is that it is valid for 12months and if I'm not going to be in Oz to verify my registration by then I have to contact them, and yes just like the NMC you have to pay them a yearly fee:confused:

Guest Guest6899

Hi, unless its changed i had to get my skills asessed by the ANMC first, you will need to get your ielts before you apply. I had my 176 visa before i applied to AHPRA for registration, at no point was registration required whilst applying for visa. Its still taking a while iv been waiting for over 5 months but it is been dealt with so i would think about this in you plans. As Nic says its only the main applicant required ANMC skills assessment, your hubby would just need his reg to be able to work.

Lisa

Guest leemina

I did IELTS exam before ANMC assessment, fee for that. They keep info for 2 yrs and will pass this to AHPRA when needed. I applied Ahpra April/May this year, got letter of eligibility last week. We arrived in Adelaide yesterday morning. I need to go into the office with couple of certified docs (from this side) and pay fee. Reg fee is same as NMC, yearly. So i paid my NMC reg this year in Uk, and will pay for Oz reg too. Hope this helps slightly. Advise for you... if you're diploma trained like me, get your course and placement info organised as I got asked to give more info on this, as Ahpra assess the diploma against the Oz degree, and the uni transcript didnt have this info on (not detailed enough). Good luck.

thanks for the replies so far.....I already have the IELTS so looks like I'll be doing the skills assessment first then sending off the visa application and registration forms at the same time.....what a paper exercise!!

any further info re experience in this process would be much appreciated xx

Tanya,

Which IELTS did they advise you do - General or Academic?

I completed the general version IELTS last year, but today I've opened an email from anmac saying my assessment is more or less completed but I need to do the academic version od IELTS before they can finalise it! I'm gutted, its taken so long!!

Bev

I did IELTS exam before ANMC assessment, fee for that. They keep info for 2 yrs and will pass this to AHPRA when needed. I applied Ahpra April/May this year, got letter of eligibility last week. We arrived in Adelaide yesterday morning. I need to go into the office with couple of certified docs (from this side) and pay fee. Reg fee is same as NMC, yearly. So i paid my NMC reg this year in Uk, and will pay for Oz reg too. Hope this helps slightly. Advise for you... if you're diploma trained like me, get your course and placement info organised as I got asked to give more info on this, as Ahpra assess the diploma against the Oz degree, and the uni transcript didnt have this info on (not detailed enough). Good luck.

can you explain this a llittle more please? I've also got the diploma but have been qualified for years and might have an issue getting a transcript as my college of training no longer exists :wacko:

Tanya' date='

Which IELTS did they advise you do - General or Academic?

I completed the general version IELTS last year, but today I've opened an email from anmac saying my assessment is more or less completed but I need to do the academic version od IELTS before they can finalise it! I'm gutted, its taken so long!!

Bev[/quote']

sorry but as you've already been informed by Lisa, its the academic test you need to do x