Payroll/admin

howard

Hi

Is anyone out there looking for a payroll or admin person? I've done the usual of registering with Agencies, Seek etc etc but nothing as yet. I'll do pretty much anything and as I haven't come here for a holiday I'd like to get out there and work as soon as.

I'd be grateful for any leads.

Thanks guys:sad:

try looking at:

www.vacancies.sa.gov.au (state gov)

www.apsjobs.gov.au (commonwealth)

if you are happy to start at bottom, doesnt take two shakes to start moving up and once in the government, always in!!

Thanks MrsHills - I'll take a look now and no, I don't mind starting at the bottom - I'm willing to sweep the streets to get started.

xx

If you haven't already done so, might be a good idea to get yourself on a MYOB course: It's a book-keeping system that most (or lots of ) places use here, and a lot of payroll jobs will ask for at least some knowledge of it. Also just by doing the course, you can network with the others on the course (often small business owners) and of course with the tutor, who may have contacts within the field.

I did a course at the WEA in the city but I believe TAFE also runs courses.

I started off doing temping admin work, then when I'd done the MYOB course got back in touch with places I'd temped at to let them know, and the rest is history....

If you haven't already done so, might be a good idea to get yourself on a MYOB course: It's a book-keeping system that most (or lots of ) places use here, and a lot of payroll jobs will ask for at least some knowledge of it. Also just by doing the course, you can network with the others on the course (often small business owners) and of course with the tutor, who may have contacts within the field.

I did a course at the WEA in the city but I believe TAFE also runs courses.

Thanks Diane - I have been advised to make my cv more general now and not to focus on payroll in order to widen my audience! Fingers crossed! x

I started off doing temping admin work, then when I'd done the MYOB course got back in touch with places I'd temped at to let them know, and the rest is history....

Thanks Diane - I have been advised to make my cv more general now and not to focus on payroll as that will widen my audience. Fingers crossed x

Thanks Diane - I have been advised to make my cv more general now and not to focus on payroll as that will widen my audience. Fingers crossed x

When you first come over it is important to get that first job, it may not be the right or perfect job but it will get you Australian experience and Australian references.

I have skills in 3 difference areas and have multiple CVs or resumes as they are more commonly called here and depending which resume I send depends on the job I am applying for. It is a very tight job market in admin at the moment.

I used to run resume and cover letter workshops when I worked as a Business Trainer and I have seen some shocking resumes. A good resume is a requirement in most areas now, increasingly in tradie/blue collar roles which traditionally did not require a resume, they will need one as a lot of employers use computerised recruitment systems that require you to upload a resume to.