Plumbing info!!

Guest stephenforrest

Guest stephenforrest

Hi guys,

Need to know about becoming a plumber in Adelaide well here goes I arrived three weeks ago and have heard so many horror stories about being a plumber here and how you cannot be recognised. This is very true and you do have to do all the college stuff all over again but only if you don't transfer your city and guild plumbing certificate into Australian recognition. To do this you must sit a skills test in the Uk by the Victoria university this course lasts one whole day and costs approximate £1700.00 I done this course last May 2010 and have arrived here showed the clerk at the plumbing licence, place my certificate and she is sending my licence out within three weeks. When you pass the course you receive you certificate three in plumbing which is equivalent to being time served back in the Uk. You can work for any company as a employee, the only time you need to go back to college is when you want to become a sub contractor. So you can come here but do the course first in the Uk and then come to Oz With no probs hope this helps

Guest Plumboz

I am watching this with great interest!

was this a vetasess test you did in the UK??

was the license place OCBA? (as OCBA don't do anything in three weeks),

please keep us informed every step of the way.

welcome to the sa plumbing rollacoaster:skeptical:

I am very very interested in watching this thread as this is not the way its worked for the last couple of years.

You put...."sending my licence out within three weeks"

OCBA have never managed to send anything out within that time!

You put..."When you pass the course you receive you certificate three in plumbing"

Can you tell us what course this is and how long the course takes to pass?

Please dont take this as having a dig at you it just seems that you may not of understood or they have changed things for the better.

Please keep us informed to how your doing.

Rob and Mel

Guest stephenforrest

Yes the test was vetasess and it said on the certificate that this is level three also it was up at the OCBA place I did have my doubts about the three weeks for the licence,they said it can take up to 8weeks but the guy said he could put urgent but I will have to wait and see he also said to me I only have to go back to college if I want to go out on my own

Guest stephenforrest

Also the vetasess examiners only come to uk twice a year I sat the exam in accrington and roseendale college it took the whole day They don't even tell u if u pass it gets sent to you from oz then I gave this to my visa company to lodge main application for my 176 skilled visa so mabee it has changed e wee bit from what has been happening