Like Tree3Likes
    • 3 Post By jim and adel

Thread: Upcoming apprenticeship opportunities

1017 times

Upcoming apprenticeship opportunities

I know there have been some recent threads on apprenticeships, so thought I'd post this in case anyone's interested:

Apprentice recruitment

ETSA Utilities is planning to recruit 46 apprentices in 2012 - this will be made up of 36 powerline trades and 10 systems electrical trades. The new recruits will take our total number of apprentices (after allowing for those graduating early next year) to 171.

With our ongoing commitment to service standards, infrastructure maintenance and business growth, the drive to employ our next generation of trade-skilled workers continues. We are pleased to continue to offer these employment opportunities in South Australia. They will commence in two intakes – 30 in February and 16 in July.

An advertisement for the February 2012 intake will appear in The Advertiser CareerOne section on Saturday (27 August 2011). The February intake throughout South Australia will be 20 powerline trades and 10 systems electrical trades. In the metropolitan area there are seven powerline trades and 10 systems electrical trades in that intake.

Adverts will be placed in the local papers in the following locations to support the recruitment process for powerline trades:

• Bordertown

• Clare

• Kadina

• Kangaroo Island

• Mt Barker

• Mt Gambier

• Nuriootpa

• Pt Augusta

• Pt Lincoln

• Pt Pirie

• Wudinna

• Yorketown

While this is a great opportunity for young South Australians, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all people, including mature-aged, Indigenous people and women, to take up the challenge of an apprenticeship with ETSA Utilities.

Applications can be made online at www.etsautilities.com.au. Applications open on Friday 26 August and close on Friday 9 September 2011.

I hope this is of some help to someone.

Retired Member
      1362 times
      Onya Jimbo, i see only a few are allocated to the metro, the rest in the country areas.