Anyone fancy sponsoring a butcher?!!!!

Guest warren1832

Guest warren1832

Hi,

Im looking into the possibility of getting sponsored by South Australia......for the 176 visa, i think!

Just thought it might be worth a go to see if some kind employer fancied employed an experienced and friendly butcher!!!. I have 20 years experience and would be willing to move asap, were coming for a reckie in November

Thanks

Stephanie

:smile:

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Im looking into the possibility of getting sponsored by South Australia......for the 176 visa, i think!

Just thought it might be worth a go to see if some kind employer fancied employed an experienced and friendly butcher!!!. I have 20 years experience and would be willing to move asap, were coming for a reckie in November

Thanks

Stephanie

:smile:

Hi Stephanie

I'm impressed! How did you get into butchering, as a matter of interest?

How old are you, please, and why do you need an employer-sponsor? Also, are you certain that you must go to SA?

I've heard about a man over in Perth who apparently sponsors a couple of people a year:

http://www.mondo.net.au/

The lady who told me about him said that the guy's name was "Vince Giraffe." I thought, "Surely not?" However it turns out that his real name is Don Vincenzo Garreffa, so I suppose his nickname might well be Vince Giraffe! This chap was on TV in the UK, in the Wanted Fown Under series. A British butcher called Mr Whelan went to Perth for a week and spent a day working with Vince Giraffe. Who seemed like a super guy, to judge from the TV programme.

The ladu who told me about him was the wife of a Brtish butcher (not Mr Whelan.) Vince Giraffe had offered to sponsor her husband for a 457 visa and it was all trundling along, the visa application had been made etec but then one of her children was ill. The child needed a visa medical because he was going to go to school in Australia. Because the child was ill, his mother didn't organise the visa medical, hadn't told the migration agents in Perth that there was a problem and eventually DIAC had refused the visa. Vince Goraffe then seemed to be reluctant to stick the whole thing back on the wall and to try again with another visa application for the husband. I don't know what happened in the end because it was a couple of years ago.

So if you could tolerate Perth for a while at least, Mr Giraffe might be a possibility for sponsorship? On the TV programme, he seemed to be a quirky, ebullient character. He had emigrated to Australia 50 years earlier, he said, and I think he's probably Perth's Trendiest Butcher since he has a shop close to the Perth CBD. He also does something on local TV and apparently he does something in an open air park in Perth somewhete. I suspect that a lot of Perth's Trendiest (and Wealthiest) are likely to be regular customers of his. He might be very keen on the idea of attracting a lady butcher?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/

I think Mr Giraffe knows some Registered Migration Agents locally and my impression was that he uses them for all the work when he sponsors Butchers to go to join him. That's quite usual and it makes sense becauee RMAs that he uses regularly would also know what to write on the documents when he is involved. Unfortunately, I can't remember their names.

Cheers

Gill

Guest warren1832

Hi Gill,

Thanks for your detailled and informative reply!!

Just got into it after school after the opportunity came around...that was 20 years ago!!. Im 36!!. A couple of years ago we backed out of making the application due to the global mess up!! at that time we could migrate on a skilled visa, but my job isnt available at the moment and i thought if i could get a sponsor, we might be eligible to get in that way?, not sure if thats true or not?

We always fancied South Australia after watching the all the tv programmes and from what friends have told us after theyve been there. We are open to just about anywhere!! I remember watching that epsiode, we thought he was a really nice guy

Really appreciate all the info, will take a look into them.....thanks loads!. Whereabouts are you at the moment?

Thanks

Steph

Hi Stephanie

Contrary to your belief, it would not necessarily be impossible for you to get a skilled independent visa. In some circumstances, it could be done and if it could be done then employer-sponsorship is not the only possibility for you.

Therefore what has led you to believe that employer-sponsorship is the only possible option for you, please? Is this something that a really top-notch Registered Migration Agent has told you, after careful consideration of the whole story with you, or is it just a vague impression that you have gleaned from the DIAC website, please?

There is no point in my banging on about the ways in which skilled independent migration might be possible if a really good RMA has already assessed the whole thing and concluded that it would not be possible for you, o let's just do this one step at a time. What has led you to believe that skilled independent migration would not be possible, please?

Thanks

Gill

Guest warren1832
Hi Stephanie

Contrary to your belief, it would not necessarily be impossible for you to get a skilled independent visa. In some circumstances, it could be done and if it could be done then employer-sponsorship is not the only possibility for you.

Therefore what has led you to believe that employer-sponsorship is the only possible option for you, please? Is this something that a really top-notch Registered Migration Agent has told you, after careful consideration of the whole story with you, or is it just a vague impression that you have gleaned from the DIAC website, please?

There is no point in my banging on about the ways in which skilled independent migration might be possible if a really good RMA has already assessed the whole thing and concluded that it would not be possible for you, o let's just do this one step at a time. What has led you to believe that skilled independent migration would not be possible, please?

Thanks

Gill

Hi Gill,

This is all confusing!!!

I contacted the South Australian government from the emigrate to Sa wesbite. Someone emailed me back to say at the moment i wouldnt be eligible for a skilled visa. I checked and my occupation is on the phase 2 schedule, but he still said this wasnt possible as these occupations had conditions, which we didnt meet!

We have applied for state sponsorship to Canberra as we might be able to get in there, we did want Adelaide originally but are more than happy to try Canberra as a start!

Steph

Hi Gill,

This is all confusing!!!

I contacted the South Australian government from the emigrate to Sa wesbite. Someone emailed me back to say at the moment i wouldnt be eligible for a skilled visa. I checked and my occupation is on the phase 2 schedule, but he still said this wasnt possible as these occupations had conditions, which we didnt meet!

We have applied for state sponsorship to Canberra as we might be able to get in there, we did want Adelaide originally but are more than happy to try Canberra as a start!

Steph

Hi Steph

I agree that it is all very confusing.

You need to start with the occupation itself, which is here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/b/butcher-or-smallgoods-maker.htm

The most usual problem with British Butchers is that they have spent several years learning the job but they do not have any paper qualifications (eg an NVQ3) to prove it. Without the paper qualification, it is impossible to get a positive skills assessment from TRA (Trades Recognition Australia.) Without the skills assessment, it is impossible to get State Sponsorship.

That said, you are only 36. The British Butchers that I have come across who have had problems with this issue since September 2007 have all been 44 or older. So for a relative young 'un like you, it might be that this is not a problem any more?

Do you have a positive skills assessment from TRA? If you have then you will be able to say "yes" for certain. If you do not then you will not get sponsorship from the Australian Capital Territory.

If you do not have a positive skills assessment as yet but you would be able to get one, it would probably be best to get a Registered Migration Agent to give you a hand with the whole thing, in which case a firm called Go Matlida can be relied on to do the job well for a reasonable price:

http://www.gomatilda.com/home.cfm

Are we OK on the TRA assessment bit, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest warren1832

Hi Gill,

Thanks again for all of the info, we have actually sent out stuff to go matilda the other week and are using them to help us, seem very good. Ive got NVQ's for butchering, so hopefully the skills assessment will be positive!

Thanks again

Steph

Hi Gill,

Thanks again for all of the info, we have actually sent out stuff to go matilda the other week and are using them to help us, seem very good. Ive got NVQ's for butchering, so hopefully the skills assessment will be positive!

Thanks again

Steph

Hi Steph

Thanks for this. With a bit of luck, you'll be OK with getting a positive skills assessment from TRA and I do think that you have been eminently sensible by asking Go Matilda to give you a hand with the whole thing. They've done literally hundreds of TRA applications before, so one might as well let them take the strain and the pain, in my view!

In the meantime, please see the link below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/nom-state-terr.htm

That link gives you the sub-links for the Immigration websites for all of the States and Territories (they each have their own.) In each of the 8 websites, you'll find the State Migration Plan for the relevant State/Territory. It is tedious but you need to slog your way through all of them, to see which ones are offering to sponsor Butchers. SA definitely are not. WA definitely are. (I checked both last night.) QLD probably aren't but the Northern Territory probably are and TAS might be. I only checked the websites for SA and WA myself but in your shoes, I'd check the whole lot.

Do you have any children? If so, how old are they at the moment, please? Obviously, deciding whereabouts to settle depends on a number of factors besides your own job.

Cheers

Gill

Guest warren1832
Hi Steph

Thanks for this. With a bit of luck, you'll be OK with getting a positive skills assessment from TRA and I do think that you have been eminently sensible by asking Go Matilda to give you a hand with the whole thing. They've done literally hundreds of TRA applications before, so one might as well let them take the strain and the pain, in my view!

In the meantime, please see the link below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/nom-state-terr.htm

That link gives you the sub-links for the Immigration websites for all of the States and Territories (they each have their own.) In each of the 8 websites, you'll find the State Migration Plan for the relevant State/Territory. It is tedious but you need to slog your way through all of them, to see which ones are offering to sponsor Butchers. SA definitely are not. WA definitely are. (I checked both last night.) QLD probably aren't but the Northern Territory probably are and TAS might be. I only checked the websites for SA and WA myself but in your shoes, I'd check the whole lot.

Do you have any children? If so, how old are they at the moment, please? Obviously, deciding whereabouts to settle depends on a number of factors besides your own job.

Cheers

Gill

HI Gill,

Thanks again for all the info, i dont have any children at the moment. Might have a look at WA, didnt know that.

Really appreciate your help, one day we will hopefully get there!!

Steph