Visible tatto and OZ attitude towards tatto

Guest ozdreamsa

Guest ozdreamsa

Hi dear members,

Do the employers have any strict rule/ attitude towards tattos?

I know in some countries, people with tattos are not allowed to enter some facilities (i.e. amusement parks/ Gym/ pool), how about oz? If I have a tatto on my forearm, will take make my life harder in OZ?

Guest ozdreamsa
You will find some employers still prefer you to cover up your tattoo if attending business meetings though - so as long as you don't mind wearing long sleeves in the summertime... depends on the field you are working in I guess.

Thank you, that is what I was looking for, I work in IT, but sometimes meet client and will focus to explore the business side in future, so, it is better that I do not have a visible tattoo on me as I do not want to wear full-sleeves during summer.

Nice to hear that oz are not that strict about tattoos.

Have anybody seen any sign in front of any amusement park/ similar facilities where it says no tattoos allowed?

Guest helene73
Hi dear members,

Do the employers have any strict rule/ attitude towards tattos?

I know in some countries, people with tattos are not allowed to enter some facilities (i.e. amusement parks/ Gym/ pool), how about oz? If I have a tatto on my forearm, will take make my life harder in OZ?

OMG what countries won't let you in them facilities?

I am covered in tats lol and it's not just a few little girlie ones!! I have a few major tats :/

You will find some employers still prefer you to cover up your tattoo if attending business meetings though - so as long as you don't mind wearing long sleeves in the summertime... depends on the field you are working in I guess.

I agree with Diane. I used to recruit people into office jobs and someone went along to an interview showing all their tattoos and they did not get the job because of it.

Guest ozdreamsa
I agree with Diane. I used to recruit people into office jobs and someone went along to an interview showing all their tattoos and they did not get the job because of it.

What about public places? Any banning for gym/ pool membership etc.?

Guest Adelaide_bound

Ozdreamsa - Japan's tattoo issue is a cultural historical reason, because only people linked to the criminal world would have tattoos 'normal' people would never ever have them, and this is still seen to be the case in some places, therefore they don't want to upset potential other customers - its a completely and utterly different culture to the UK, and Australia.

Seeing as Australia was founded on convicts, I don't really see them then banning people basically for having links to that world - otherwise no-one would get any business at all :biglaugh: In the same way booze and pork are banned in some Countries, and they aren't in Australia.....

It is illegal to discriminate against people if they have tattoos in Australia. You cannot be refused employment (or anything else such as access to leisure facilities, renting a house etc) because of your appearance. Anyone who believes they have been discriminated against because they have tattoos should contact the Equal Opportunities Commision.

Sharon (7 tattoos, multiple piercings ............ you'd never know unless I showed you ....... and my lower back tattoo is NOT a tramp stamp!)

BTW I hear good things about the Ink Kings in McLaren Vale.

Hi Cornish,

I'm into my tatts so i am drawn to them when we are out and about,-notice theres one on Christie's Beach Road opposite Ray Whites, also seen one on Longsdale rd near Brighton, No idea what they are like-We've agreed,well Lisa more than me has suggested Ive got enough now,full back + T-shirt type but you never know,should you come across a really good one I may be tempted again:biggrin:.

cheers Andrew

I have what you have called a tramp tat and I agree with Diane calling it that is harsh. You may not like women with tats but there is no need to stick every women in the same catagorie. I have quite a few and they all have a reason behind them, my husband loves every one of them.

Lisa

Guest helene73
It is illegal to discriminate against people if they have tattoos in Australia. You cannot be refused employment (or anything else such as access to leisure facilities, renting a house etc) because of your appearance. Anyone who believes they have been discriminated against because they have tattoos should contact the Equal Opportunities Commision.

Sharon (7 tattoos, multiple piercings ............ you'd never know unless I showed you ....... and my lower back tattoo is NOT a tramp stamp!)

BTW I hear good things about the Ink Kings in McLaren Vale.

Most of mine are hidden too, apart from 1 on the foot, 1 on my ankle, 1 on big toe and the 3 hands/wrists the rest are only visible in bikinis lol

I love all 12 of my tattoos and piercings too.

Ps your never too old to be wild :)

Guest cornish Busdriver

Dream on Stevo ...................... I'm a respectable grandmother of two now ............. my wild days are almost over lol

Bugger that im growing old discracefully lol lol lol

Im just getting my peircings re-done as i thought it would put people off when i came here but no, not at all so first one going back in is the bull ring.

Still got other hidden peircings though hehehehehehehehe not going into them lol lol

3 years ago i had hair i could sit on but cut it off my first summer here and now sod it im growing it again.

• 1 month later...
Guest ozdreamsa

Now that I have got the PR, am planning to get my desired tattoo.

Do u guys have any re commendation about any tattoo artist in Adelaide?

Any rough guideline about the price etc would be really helpful.

Guest guest1255

hi...my hubby had his most recent 1 done in the 1 on jetty rd glenelg....the place was spotless and he had no probs at all. it was a sleeve he had done and i think it cost $1000 in total. i have also heard that there is a very good tatoo artist in hahndorf...but you need to make an appointment months in advance.

tess xxx