Any Gas Fitter's Out There.

Guest DANNY

Hi me and my young family are thinking of coming to live near adelaide or near bisbane we can not make our minds up. :unsure: I am a domestic/commercial heating engineer at the moment. Could anyone tell me what the going rate is? and what is the work like? What is involved in getting a work license? Any advice would be grateful.

Thank you:)

Hi Danny,

I am also a gas fitter in need of advice. When are you looking at going out to oz? We are hoping to be in Adelaide ( we think) May/ June. Wher are you located at the moment? We are in Lincolnshire. Look forward to your reply.

Guest suejohndan

Hi,

My husband is also a gas fitter and we are looking to come out to Adelaide in the summer so long as all goes well with the sale of the house. As far as we can make out the best way to get a job is to check the Adelaide Advitiser on a Wednesday and Saturday. We are not too sure about the license but from talking to other people on this site it seems that you can get one through your Australian boss.

If we find anything else out we will keep you posted.

Sue & John

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

Hubby is also a gas fitter, we also don't really know if he can just get work with a company or if he has to re-do his qualifications again. Would be interested in hearing from someone in Adelaide just to see if there are many gas jobs advertised.

Nicky

Hi Danny,

I am also a gas fitter in need of advice. When are you looking at going out to oz? We are hoping to be in Adelaide ( we think) May/ June. Wher are you located at the moment? We are in Lincolnshire. Look forward to your reply.

Hi the kenny family we are still at the planning stage at the moment so we dont have a date.

we are living in halifax that's in westyorkshire. have you been to adelaide before?

Hi,

After various searches, it appears that Gasfitters get a hard time. Once in oz, you can only get a restricted license, which means restricted wages??? Had a PM from Ste who is already there, He had no look. Now driving HGVs. Apparently to gain a full unrestricted license, you have to go back to school for 18 months. I have found website www.ocba.sa.gov.au have sent them an email requesting info. We have never been to oz before so are on the interent looking up as much as we can. I would love to hear from successful gasfitters. Are there any out there???

The only Gas fitter I know is now a Lift engineeer!. Couldnt be a gas fitter because he wasnt a plumber!.However did here of someone who had a job within a week!!!!!!!!.Thats Adelaide and the license system:goofy:, two people, two differing stories.Speak to OCBA and youll get two answers!!!!!!!

Guest ste n sasha

Hi,

this is why they tell you to make sure you have enough funds to support yourselves for two years just in case you cant get employment and you have to go back to college:wacko: