Nurses Job interview

Guest Guest6899

Guest Guest6899

Hi all, I have a telephone interview for Flinders as a registered nurse, feeling very nervous!! Does anybody who has been through a nursing interview recently have any tips?. I have made a list from past threads of things to research but still feel unprepared.

Thanks Lisa:err:

Guest Kat+Rocco

Hi Lisa

I had telephone interview back in May was also really nervous had it a 7am....I just had my desk littered with notes on a4 with things and answers to questions I thought they might ask like:

Why Oz

Aspirations, where I see myself in 5/10 years

My positive/negative attributes

Cv

Info about the hospital to help explain my reasons for wanting to work there

ALSO A LARGE GLASS OF WATER cos my throat went so dry as soon as I answered the phone lol

To be honest they didn't ask me any of the things I thought they would. They asked my a couple of scenarios, wanted to know about and skills that would be transferable from my current job.

But just try and relax it was no where near as bad as I'd thought, just a bit weird not being able to see the person interviewing you lol

Shout up if you wanna ask anything else and if not good luck:v_SPIN:

Guest RobJ1978

Hi, i had a job interview with them in july, I had 4 A4 sheets wrote out as well and they didn't ask me anything like that. They wanted to know my previous employment and experience, what sort of ventilators i use things like that. Was more like an formal chat than interview...i got the job as well, so can't have been that bad. One of their questions was do you use... and i said no we use... but i wished i said no but i am extremely quick learner! missed oportunity on my part. Good luck, what nursing do you do?

Nic.x.

Guest Guest6899

Thanks guys for the information, Nic im an adult nurse, done mainly acute medical since qualifying and luckily the position is on an acute medical unit so should fit in. To be honest its the scenarios i find most worrying as im not always quick at thinking and after you think, oh i could have said that!! i will have to think of lots of different scenarios and hopefully they ask one, lol.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Good luck, mine was really friendly too, same kind of questions as the others, only really stumped by being asked if I had any family in adelaide, and panicked that they wouldn't give me the job cos I don't!

From what my manager says if they're going to bother of phoning you in u.k, they probably already want you!

Good luck

Gill x

P.s once you get the job, can you get me one as flinders would half my commute! :)

Guest Guest6899

Hi Gill, hope your settling in. I was told there was no positions at flinders or noaralounga but then had a mail out of the blue!! would be great to see you next month and put a face to the name. If i do get a job it maybe easier to find out whats available for you. x x

Hi Gill, hope your settling in. I was told there was no positions at flinders or noaralounga but then had a mail out of the blue!! would be great to see you next month and put a face to the name. If i do get a job it maybe easier to find out whats available for you. x x

OOh that'd be good! I have an application for the casual pool at Noarlunga, just to have a look and maybe get a foot in the door? Settling in well at work, nice staff, lovely manager, still amazed at only having four patients! don't go home knackered or too hot cos of air conditioning! Loads to learn just with the different system here.

all the best for interview, let me know how you get on, see you on the otherside!

Gill x

Guest RobJ1978
Thanks guys for the information, Nic im an adult nurse, done mainly acute medical since qualifying and luckily the position is on an acute medical unit so should fit in. To be honest its the scenarios i find most worrying as im not always quick at thinking and after you think, oh i could have said that!! i will have to think of lots of different scenarios and hopefully they ask one, lol.

Lisa

Gil, i just contacted the ward direct. The hospital said there weren't any vacancies so went striaght to the manager of the ward. She fought for me.

Guest Guest6899
Yes of course. One was an HDU job at Burnside, One was recovery at the RAH and the one I took was Emerg at Wakefield Calvary. Just send your cv to everywhere you want to work and see hat happens. I find it always works well as it gets them thinking. Good luck with the interview.

Many thanks, Lisa