electrician seeking work just arrived in christies beach

Guest andyj7393

Guest andyj7393

hi i am a 38 year old electrician, just arrived in Adelaide (christies beach) with my wife and 2 daughters. i have over 20 years experience and am a good all round electrician (domestic, commercial, industrial and solar pv). i am currently doing my aussie wiring rules via distance through peer and have aplied to the tra and will gain my full A grade shortly. we could not sell our house before we moved which means i am keen to start work asap, please let me know if you need or know someone who need a hardworking, reliable, honest electrician/foremen i would be very grateful

cheers Andy:smile:

hi,sorry i have no offers of a job but you seem to be just 1 step ahead of us.My husband is also an elecrician and we have had our house up for sale for 2 months now.We had our visas in april and are just waiting for our house to sell now.We had a discussion wether to just rent our house our here and just go last night.Its such a huge decision but are fed up of waiting now.Obviously if we decide to rent our house out here we will not have a huge amount of money to bring with us as we would have if we sold. How much have you had to pay o enrole on the course (aussie wiring and A grade) Wishing you luck with the job offers,clare

Guest andyj7393

if you phone peer.au and enroll for wiring rules via distance learning it will cost you about $1500 which includes all your books, as for your house we decide just to rent it out for now as the UK housing market is so crap at the mow. also not sure arriving in Australia with large amount of cash is such a good idea, as by the time i would have decided where i wanted to live and then found the right house i would have put very large dent in that cash, but i like 4x4,surfing, boats and camper-vans which aren't cheep, so just book your flights!!!! im sure you will be fine

either way enroll with peer as you have 12 months to complete the coarse and i wish id finished all the coarse work in the uk

peer +44883481200 goodluck andy

Guest johnny.w

The peer cource is $790 then you have books on top of that are $595. THe TRA artc application is $300 and getting this is a mission and tacking them about 3 months to decide whether you get one or not.

• 1 month later...
Guest keith&ju

Hi Andy hope you're enjoying life down under and have found some work :) We are coming over in April 2012 but don't seem to be able to find out how to go about getting Aussie recognition for a fully qualified electrician - you said you are doing yours through distance learning, and it would be good to get this underway in the UK before we come over. How long is the course and how much roughly does it cost and who did you do it through? Any advice on this would be really appreciated as no-one we have emailed has replied to our emails! thanks :) Keith & Julie

Hi Andy hope you're enjoying life down under and have found some work :) We are coming over in April 2012 but don't seem to be able to find out how to go about getting Aussie recognition for a fully qualified electrician - you said you are doing yours through distance learning, and it would be good to get this underway in the UK before we come over. How long is the course and how much roughly does it cost and who did you do it through? Any advice on this would be really appreciated as no-one we have emailed has replied to our emails! thanks :) Keith & Julie

Have a look at this....

http://www.peer.com.au/Training/OverseasEnquiry/tabid/181/Default.aspx