maternity care

Guest steph

Hi all

was just wondering if anyone out there could give any advise on maternity care. We arrived the end of September and since arriving found out I am pregnant. Am now nearly 20 weeks. Have had scans and appointments and everything seems really good but was just hoping for some personal experiences for:unsure: reassurance.

I am about to start a short term contract teaching at a school in Golden Grove and was also wondering if anyone could recommend any good child care facilities in the area. I have got my little boy into a childcare centre but in case things don't work out would anyone recommend any good care.

We are settling now and are really enjoying Adelaide but still missing some things about home. I guess it takes a while. We don't want to go back anyway!

Thanks for any advise

Steph

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi Steph

I can only speak from second hand experience really (which I don't usually like to do, but wanted to add something as no replies to you yet) - had my two in Wales! but the care seems to be good here - had many a chat with mums at playgroup etc.

I was in Golden Grove area yesterday (we live down south) and it looks like a nice area, so good luck with all and finding suitable care.

All the best

Regs

Sas

Hi,

I am in the North East and expecting my baby in April. I am under the care of the midwives at the women and childrens hospital and so far have no complaints at all. In my opinion the care I have recieved here is much better than what I recieved in the UK. I have not registered with a Dr yet as we've moved a couple of times but I suppose I'll have to soon as I will have to see a Dr for the post-natal check-up.

Wendy

Hi all

was just wondering if anyone out there could give any advise on maternity care. We arrived the end of September and since arriving found out I am pregnant. Am now nearly 20 weeks. Have had scans and appointments and everything seems really good but was just hoping for some personal experiences for:unsure: reassurance.

I am about to start a short term contract teaching at a school in Golden Grove and was also wondering if anyone could recommend any good child care facilities in the area. I have got my little boy into a childcare centre but in case things don't work out would anyone recommend any good care.

We are settling now and are really enjoying Adelaide but still missing some things about home. I guess it takes a while. We don't want to go back anyway!

Thanks for any advise

Steph

Hi Steph

If you want to go to an Australian chat forum that discusses maternity services in South Australia and their experiences of maternity services go to www.bubhub.com.au. Might not be what you are looking for but hope it helps.

Hi Steph

I can only speak from second hand experience really (which I don't usually like to do, but wanted to add something as no replies to you yet) - had my two in Wales! but the care seems to be good here - had many a chat with mums at playgroup etc.

I was in Golden Grove area yesterday (we live down south) and it looks like a nice area, so good luck with all and finding suitable care.

All the best

Regs

Sas

thanks for that. feel much better about things and will check out the website. It took us a while to decide where to settle but since arriving and basing in this area have found work etc and met people so you start to settle. We have also found a house in the area so will be settled before baby is due in July

steph , jason and zach (22 ths)

Hi Steph

If you want to go to an Australian chat forum that discusses maternity services in South Australia and their experiences of maternity services go to www.bubhub.com.au. Might not be what you are looking for but hope it helps.

Thanks for the address. will definitely check that out for some info and advise etc.

Steph, Jason , zach (22mths)

Hi,

I am in the North East and expecting my baby in April. I am under the care of the midwives at the women and childrens hospital and so far have no complaints at all. In my opinion the care I have recieved here is much better than what I recieved in the UK. I have not registered with a Dr yet as we've moved a couple of times but I suppose I'll have to soon as I will have to see a Dr for the post-natal check-up.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy, I am under the care of the Modbury hospital midwives and will have the baby at the women and childrens hospital. Am due early July. I have been pleased with all the care I have received so far as well so am sure it will be good here.

Steph(39) Jason Zach (22mths)

arrived 25.9.07

moving soon to golden Grove

I am down south also ,but my girlfriend recently had a baby at Burnside Hospital and found the care fantastic!!!!

thanks fro that. Feel much better now. Will be having baby at women and childrens hospital. have heard lots of good things.

Guest dale_jo@
thanks fro that. Feel much better now. Will be having baby at women and childrens hospital. have heard lots of good things.

No probs , Good Luck With Everything!!!!. Slightly envious!!!:wubclub: