Anybody starting at Flinders Medical centre 28th Nov

Guest Guest6899

Guest Guest6899

Hello, wondered if anybody else is starting the induction at Flinders medical centre on the 28th Nov, didnt want to do the two days alone :eek:and possibly a car share.

Regards Lisa

Guest rustybin

Hi Lisa

I see you have just moved to Adelaide how are settling in? I am a nurse and have been for ten years recent posted in a research facility! I would like to know if there is a need of research nurses in Adelaide? I am at the very beginning of the process and would like to know is it best using an agency to help with the process or did you do it yourselves? City visa are saying they can help with the process with visa 475 for £1500 plus tax. Did you get sponsered by an employer over there ? Sorry for all the questions just been searching for answers and getting anywhere!

Thanks

Adlyn & Russ

Guest Guest6899
Hi Lisa

I see you have just moved to Adelaide how are settling in? I am a nurse and have been for ten years recent posted in a research facility! I would like to know if there is a need of research nurses in Adelaide? I am at the very beginning of the process and would like to know is it best using an agency to help with the process or did you do it yourselves? City visa are saying they can help with the process with visa 475 for £1500 plus tax. Did you get sponsered by an employer over there ? Sorry for all the questions just been searching for answers and getting anywhere!

Thanks

Adlyn & Russ

Hiya, were good ta settling in well got most stuff (rentals, schools, changing licences, medicare, etc) all done now so its a bit of chill time before i start work. I think i have seen jobs for research nurses, have a look on seek jobs i find that site useful. Regarding applying for the visa we came on a 176 SA skilled sponsored visa, it took longer and i believe its more expensive but your a permanent resident and get additional benefits such as medicare. we used an agent for the skills assessment but to be honest could have done that ourselves as it wasnt too difficult. We then applied ourselves for state sponsorship which again was really easy. But used an agent for the main application. Many people do it all themselves but it seemed a lot of stress so was willing for somebody else to sort. I dont know a lot about the 457 visa, i think its temporary and you have to get employer sponsored first, i would have to leave that to somebody who has done it. Cherrypeckers wife on here is a mental health nurse they went on a 457 visa (i think) you could try getting hold of him?? It costs a lot to emigrate, i stopped counting after the £3000, mark lol.

I hope i have managed to answer a few of your questions, any more assistance then let me know.

Good luck Lisa

Guest guest1255
Hello, wondered if anybody else is starting the induction at Flinders medical centre on the 28th Nov, didnt want to do the two days alone :eek:and possibly a car share.

Regards Lisa

hi lisa

which area of nursing are you going to be working in? Im in the QEH DSU at the moment but hoping to move to flinders in may....its closer for me as im living in hallett cove.

Tracey x

Guest rustybin

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the reply yes it has helped. I have roughly worked it out around £10,000 and thats not including money once we're out there OMG. Its heart sinking as want to start the process now but need to save , save, save! I was on a working holiday visa in 03/04 I briefly stayed in Adelaide but something telling me to go there heard its cheapest place to live and we want a better quality of life for ourselves and our boys. Why did you choose Adelaide?

My partner is worried about finding work he is a tiler and bathroom fitter looking just to tile out there as has no formal certificate/qualifications. I know I can get us all there on my vocation but dont know if its worth getting his skills assessed as he no certificates dont want this to reduce our chances, sorry if im not putting this across right.

What is your nursing post? How has your family taken the move?

Adlyn

Guest Guest6899
hi lisa

which area of nursing are you going to be working in? Im in the QEH DSU at the moment but hoping to move to flinders in may....its closer for me as im living in hallett cove.

Tracey x

Hello Tracey, im working on the Acute Medical Unit, its what im used too in the UK. may look for something different in the future will see how it goes.

Lisa

Guest Guest6899
Hi Lisa

Thanks for the reply yes it has helped. I have roughly worked it out around £10,000 and thats not including money once we're out there OMG. Its heart sinking as want to start the process now but need to save , save, save! I was on a working holiday visa in 03/04 I briefly stayed in Adelaide but something telling me to go there heard its cheapest place to live and we want a better quality of life for ourselves and our boys. Why did you choose Adelaide?

My partner is worried about finding work he is a tiler and bathroom fitter looking just to tile out there as has no formal certificate/qualifications. I know I can get us all there on my vocation but dont know if its worth getting his skills assessed as he no certificates dont want this to reduce our chances, sorry if im not putting this across right.

What is your nursing post? How has your family taken the move?

Adlyn

Hiya Adlyn, all taken the move really well, no current problems but maybe something may arise at some point!! £10,000 seems a bit steep dont know what your including in that figure?? i know it changes quite often how much different people charge there maybe more info on another thread. We didnt choose Adelaide initially, we went on a rekki to Perth and wanted WA but when the SMP came out they changed the experience for professionals to 7yrs so i was out as i only had 2.5yrs. Reseached other areas and chose SA. Yes housing is cheaper, way of life just brill, weather great iv no complaints. Again have no info on your hubbys qualification i will need to leave that for another person. I believe they do have to do a conversion qualification but thats about it. The 457 visa if you apply again my understanding is that you have to stay in the job for 2yrs and work full time, that another reason why we chose the 176. If you have young children then you may want to concider what visa you choose. Iv noticed many of us nurses have role reversal that were working and the men have become temporary house husbands, lol.

Lisa

Guest guest1255
Hello Tracey, im working on the Acute Medical Unit, its what im used too in the UK. may look for something different in the future will see how it goes.

Lisa

awe good luck lisa im sure you will fit in gr8 and luv the job xxx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peachie

Adlyn

Your husband is right to be worried as there are lots of people going back to uk after not finding work I would strongly advise for for him to get at least some interest in a job before you come unless you can live on your wage? plan for the worst as some tradies are doing it hard here and the builders don't work for up to 6 weeks around xmas adelaide is no longer cheap unless you want to live miles out from the city and food electric and rent is all expensive

As many people have posted that they had a better quality of life in uk with 2 wages coming in consider the going back to uk thread and defo plan for the worst hope for the best

Good luck