Accounts person stuck without myob!

Guest nic-manchester

Guest nic-manchester

This may seem some what a funny post, after being here seven weeks and applying for numerous jobs and not a sniff at a job prospect, other than to tell me I am over qualified! I am looking for anyone who can help me out.

I have 15 years exp in accountancy, working for mainly professional practice preparing accounts, although the past 5 years I have done mainly bookkeeping at the clients premises and preparing financial statements etc, and this is what I want to do in Australia. I have worked on numerous software mainly sage and iris, however it seems out here in Australia without the myob exp they won't even look at my cv even though I am more than capable at doing the job!

I have looked at the courses but really don't want to shell out the cash, I have downloaded the software an it looks straight forward.

Has anyone else been in the same situation, all the agencies want me to go into super, or stay in practice in the city but it's not what I want to do.

Have a look at the WEA in the City - I did a MYOB Course there and it was (a) reasonable cost, and (b) short but sufficient. Once you have that bit of paper saying you've done the course, you'll be able to pick the rest up easily as you've already used other systems. I had to use Quickbooks for a client at work and just watched a few Youtube vids beforehand which, because I knew MYOB, was plenty enough to pick up QB!

Will open a lot more doors to you, so worth shelling out a small amount. Don't get sucked into doing some mega course that goes on for weeks and weeks though... you'll be bored stiff!

http://www.wea-sa.com.au/search_results.php

Guest nic-manchester

Thanks dianne I will look into that. When I looked into the myob courses they just looked pointless going over stuff I already know like you say bored stiff!

Appreciate the link I will have a look now

Cheer Nicola

Guest nic-manchester
Go to Office works and buy MYOB for Dummies...Its a great book

Thanks am gonna order it online...

P's like your pic of your doggy our dog is arriving soon just like yours

Nicola

This may seem some what a funny post, after being here seven weeks and applying for numerous jobs and not a sniff at a job prospect, other than to tell me I am over qualified! I am looking for anyone who can help me out.

I have 15 years exp in accountancy, working for mainly professional practice preparing accounts, although the past 5 years I have done mainly bookkeeping at the clients premises and preparing financial statements etc, and this is what I want to do in Australia. I have worked on numerous software mainly sage and iris, however it seems out here in Australia without the myob exp they won't even look at my cv even though I am more than capable at doing the job!

I have looked at the courses but really don't want to shell out the cash, I have downloaded the software an it looks straight forward.

Has anyone else been in the same situation, all the agencies want me to go into super, or stay in practice in the city but it's not what I want to do.

Not sure if you have seen this previous thread, will give you some more info on MYOB/book keeping etc...

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/jobs-careers/21576-book-keeping-jobs.html

• 3 weeks later...