Nurses in Adelaide

Guest yazan

Hello Everybody,

My wife is a nurse she has a working experience for one year, she worked as pediatric nurse, and she hold the Bachelor degree in Nursing. We are migrating under visa subclass 475 State Sponsorship. Is it easy to find a job for her in Adelaide and what are the requirements in order to be able to work there?

Thanks

Guest Guest6899

Hi, im not sure about the 475 visa, is that the same as the 457 temporary visa?? somebody else will have to answer that question. Has she had her skills assessed with the ANMC? if yes then she will need to apply to AHPRA for registration, all the details are on line. i would suggest emailing or calling the hospitals she is interested in working in. many hospitals are not taking on staff just offering temporary contracts or working on the casual pool.

somebody else maybe able to give you more info.

Good luck Lisa

Hi,

We have applied for the 475 visa temporary visa, she still did not get her skills assessed with the ANMC?, can we do it when we are in OZ or we shall do it before arriving there?

regards

Guest traceyd

I am a paediatric nurse as well, 8 years qualified. I was hoping for employer sponsored visa, but have been told there are no paediatric nurse jobs, as seems to be the case with most states. I have had to change to a different state, and have interview for Sydney instead. I hope your wife has better luck than me.

Guest Guest6899

unfortunantly i have no experience with the temporary visas as ours was a PR 176. i thought to apply for a temp visa you had to secure a job first and they sponsored you. sorry i cant answer your questions all i can suggest is hope somebody else does, or search the forum or speak with a migration expert. i thought your skills had to be assessed before you applied for a visa as you need to fit the criteria?? they change the rules about twice a year and you get out of date very quickly.

Guest traceyd

I kinow I got my skills assessed as I wanted a PR visa, doesn't like I can get PR outright now so need to go on 457 once got a job. The 457 doesn't require you to have skills assessed as it is employer sponsored.

Hi,

Actually the case is as follow, we already received our 475 visa as I am the primary applicant and my spouse already got her visa. My question is that, once we arrive to Adelaide and my wife wants to work there what is required from her, so if there are some documents or letters that she must have we can prepare them and get they ready before arriving there

Thanks;

This may help, it is very confusing especially if you are not main visa applicant like me, and you don't want to spend unnecessary cash, she will have to do her ielts though and get a 7 in all bands...

http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information.aspx

http://www.anmc.org.au/international_section

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-and-Endorsement/International.aspx

Hello

Does that mean my wife has to do the Academic IELTS and get her certficates assessed from the ANMC, even though she is already in adelaide

regards;

Have a look at the pdf document on the aphra link it may clarify things a bit more, other than that i would email them directly, when i asked them about my ielts they told me i had to get a band 7 at least but there must be a similar version you can do when on australian shores too, it may take a little longer as i believe you still have to verify your nurse training...

Guest cliveost

Hi

My wife is a nurse too and we are applying for a visa at the moment. As I see it If your wifes training was not done in Australia she will have to get the skills assessed by the ANMC and pass the IELTS or similar at the required standard. Along with copies of her nurse training certificates she will require a copy of the syllabus used when training, professional references etc the list goes on. Once the skills are assest she will then need to register to practice, as required in the UK, this used to be done with the state you are going to work in but I think it has changed now. All the info is on the ANMC website.

The process is the way it is to stop untrained unqualified people saying they are nurses when they have no formal training

Guest nurse sue

i thought the skills assessment through anmc was only for permanent visa applicants as proof of training/skills for the visa application?

if she isnt the main permanent visa applicant, she will def need to register with ahpra which is similar to our nmc ...

Guest cliveost

As far as I am aware all nurses have to have their skills assessed before they can be registered to practice by AHPRA. The framework for the assessment of internationally qualified nurses and midwives for registration on the AHPRA website has 5 seperate criteria which have to be met before registration to practice is issued. The criteria are very similar to the skills assessment by the ANMC the documents required are also similar. Either way you still have to be assessed before you can work as a nurse.

Absolutely correct cliveost...........

Since 2009, ANY nurse, from ANYWHERE in the world must have the IELTS certificate.

REGARDLESS of where you train, your transcripts must be supplied from the country of origin's GOVERNING BODY direct to AUSTRALIA's governing body; no transcript will be ACCEPTED through the individual nurse..........call them old fashioned, but there are standards to be met; and in such a litigious society, the APRHA will NOT accept anything less than the FACTS!

Whether you are HERE or there..........you will have to pay for this service to be carried out..........

the only other way round this is to train here.........and trust me, thats not a cheap option.

Absolutely correct cliveost...........

Since 2009, ANY nurse, from ANYWHERE in the world must have the IELTS certificate.

REGARDLESS of where you train, your transcripts must be supplied from the country of origin's GOVERNING BODY direct to AUSTRALIA's governing body; no transcript will be ACCEPTED through the individual nurse..........call them old fashioned, but there are standards to be met; and in such a litigious society, the APRHA will NOT accept anything less than the FACTS!

Whether you are HERE or there..........you will have to pay for this service to be carried out..........

the only other way round this is to train here.........and trust me, thats not a cheap option.

My wife trained here to be an EN last year. The one year course was $7,000 and this was easily paid off by doing agency in aged care/EN. She's going to work and study for two years at Unisa, and hopefully, become an RN. Obviously, you need a PR visa or be a citizen so the cost is not exorbitant.

She did have to provide proof of her education (Primary and Secondary) in the UK, even though she trained here!

Cooler

Guest sarahtwinn82

I am a nurse in Adelaide. Before I left the UK i had to register with Aphra and do my ielts. In order to register with Aphra she needs 2 refs from professional managers, a copy of her training transcript from the NMC (at a cost) a copy of her registration from the NMC (at a cost). Also Aphra will need the IELTS results (academic) . You then send all this with the application from that is hidden on the Aphra website with some money. It's all money money money. Hope your rich. Don't forget you'll have to pay for your medicals as well (not cheap).

I am a nurse in Adelaide. Before I left the UK i had to register with Aphra and do my ielts. In order to register with Aphra she needs 2 refs from professional managers, a copy of her training transcript from the NMC (at a cost) a copy of her registration from the NMC (at a cost). Also Aphra will need the IELTS results (academic) . You then send all this with the application from that is hidden on the Aphra website with some money. It's all money money money. Hope your rich. Don't forget you'll have to pay for your medicals as well (not cheap).

Sarah, did you have to go through anmac as well? dh is visa applicant and had to go through anmac but as i'm secondary on visa hard to find info about this on the sites, don't want to spend money on skills assessment if its not needed :)

Sue

Guest garthsmydog

Hi I am a nurse in Adelaide - I cant help with any of the visa info but once that and registration is sorted. In Adelaide there is The Womens and Childrens Hospital in North Adelaide which is where the majority of the paediatric nuring work is . They have a casual pool which is probably your best bet . If you are living south of Adelaide then Flinders Medical Centre has a paediatric ward and North - Lyell Mc Ewen Hospital has a ward as well. If you have your registration and three references - just email addresses and phone numbers is probably fine and the context of which your wife has worked with them ( ie where they a peer or a senior).Once you get on the casual pool and get a reputation for taking shifts when called upon it will only be a few months until something more permanant should come up. If you want flexability to work across a number of hospitals then joining an agency is best , although casual pool staff will always get preference because the organisation doesnt have to pay agency fees.Good luck with all the immigration and visa stuff - we need good nurses in SA :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Emmylou23

Go straight to the AHPRA and she'll need to get her Nursing registration sorted as your wife is not the primary applicant she does not need to go to the ANMC. She will need to have proof of her qualifications and employment as a nurse.

Go to www.aphra.gov.au and look up nursing registration. Once she has that she can apply for jobs.

If you PM me your email I can email all the information sent me regarding the registraton process.

Luv Mxxx