will my power tools work

Guest lisa_lewin@tinyonline.co.

Guest lisa_lewin@tinyonline.co.

Hi we are on our way to adelaide in may. I am a carpenter and I wanted to know if my power tools will work as they are 110v can anyone help me! My wife is also a hairdresser and she needs to know if her electrical equipment will also work any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve & Lisa

Hi we are on our way to adelaide in may. I am a carpenter and I wanted to know if my power tools will work as they are 110v can anyone help me! My wife is also a hairdresser and she needs to know if her electrical equipment will also work any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve & Lisa

Hi Steve and Lisa,

as I understand things the tools will work in Aus but the plugs will need to be changed as they use different sockets, there are a few members of this forum that have taken tools, 110 and 230 out there i'm sure they will confirm they work later.

you don't by any chance work for adams carpentry do you:)

Simon

Guest guest569

Hi,

I took all my tools including my transformer. They all just sit in the carport now gathering dust.I'm glad i brought them though as they came in handy at the begining to get me started and settled.

240 Volts 50Hz in Oz.

These days, most chargers are international and will take anything from 100Volts up to 250Volts with a frequency of 50 or 60 Hertz.

As for plug in tools etc, you need to check the Frequency on the item itself. Should be on the label.

If it says 60Hz, then it will run 20% slower so clocks and appliances with a motor (hair clipper/drills/etc) will need to be replaced. BUT if they say 50Hz OR 50/60Hz then you will be ok.