Job offer

Guest teamV

I had a bit of spare time this afternoon ,so even though we aren't heading out till june ,I contacted a few truck garage's and emailed them my cv and cover letter .To my surprize ive been offered a job ,I going to keep my options open at the moment ,so won't be rushing to sign up ,but they offered me this,

$27.00/hr plus super, 4 weeks annual leave, overalls supplied and cleaned,overtime and penalty rates apply.

I think I was expecting wages to be a bit higher,or is it just me expecting to much ,also how is the super worked out and is it like a pension as I'm not really sure what super is ,maybe just me being a bit thick:biglaugh:

Kev.

Super means superannuation and yes it is a pension. All employers have to pay equivalent to 9% of their employees wages into a super fund. The employee can also pay into this as well. Four weeks holidays is pretty standard. Penalty rates would be for working on Saturdays/Sundays and after a certain time of day I should imagine.

Guest Tterrier81

congrats, and that seems like a decent package, $27 an hour + penalty rates and 4 weeks holidays, im not sure what peolpe in ur trade get but that doesnt seem too bad, my mates a fully qualified panel beater and he gets less

check the hourly wage it could be a casual rate, then when made full time it drops,or look here

http://www.seek.com.au/JobSearch?DateRange=31&SearchFrom=quick&Keywords=mechanic&location=1007

stevo

This is a bit more of the email,so I thinks its the going rate for mechanic's there,

Our qualified technicians are currently being paid $27.00/hr plus super, 4 weeks annual leave, overalls supplied and cleaned, overtime and penalty rates apply.

As per standard procedure a 3 month probationary period would apply.

Over thepast 5 years we have successfully employed staff from South Africa, WestAfrica, Fiji, UK & Philippines.

Please advise if you wish to proceed with the above and we can have a letter of employment drawn up.

Please do nothesitate to contact myself if you require any further information

Even more of a surprise was I've also had an employment agency phone me at home early this morning about a job offer,from reading over the past few days how hard the building trade seems to be,we are over the moon to have had two reply's after less the 24 hours.

I think I sounded a bit gready in my first post, its just I had done a few sum's in me head with rent being 300 to 350 a week and other expence's it just seemed a bit of a sqeeze to have any spare cash ,but we sat down last night and went through a few sums and if both of us we're working it wouldn't be that bad.

There's is a link to a job on seek it say's 60,000 to 65,000 but I think that will include overtime etc,

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/diesel-mechanics-sponsorship-available/in/adelaide-adelaide/21444802

Congrat's on being offered the Job though!

We are also in Cumbria!

Nic.x.

Hi and thanks,the two great thing's about being from cumbria, is the weather there can't be worse than here and when they say its quiet in Adelaide ,that should be no change for us

:biggrin:

Kev.

To be able to start your life here with any job puts you well ahead. You won't be eating into your savings for day to day expenses and you can take your time settling in and enjoying it here without the pressure to find a job etc.

Thanks ,your 100% right it was only when we went to bed last night and I found I couldn't get to sleep,it dawned on me and it was because I was so excited about the job offer and fact that things were starting to fall into place at last .

Kev

I've had another offer of a job,this is all from 6 emails 2 days ago,so if your a truck or diesel mechanic sat at home like me, thinking will there be a job out there when we arrive ,it dosn't look too bad at the moment.

This is off the firm I had my finger's crossed for and have worked for the brand in the uk ,although I have no contact's in Adelaide,its a very positive email and more than I could of hoped for.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the email.

There is a full time job waiting here for you when you arrive. This job could be casual (to give you a chance to lookaround, no strings attached, while keeping the cash flow going) or permanent –your call.

Out of interest, why are you coming to Adelaide? Do you have family & friends here? If you don’t know any one, or even if you do, I would be more than happy to help you with any information that you may want – schools, housing, areas to live, temporary accommodation, work for your better half, swapping over drivers licences, whatever.

We have been sponsoring techs from the UK and have about 6 of you compatriots working here, so I have a fair idea of whats involved in the big move.

I would recommend using a removalist to bring as much of your stuff out as you can. You wont get much for stuff like your blankets, kitchen ware in the UK, but it costs heaps to replace when you get here. Work out the maths – cost to replace, v’s freight cost.

I think if Carsberg did job offer's , this would be it,

Kev.

Your in a good position just now being a Diesel mechanic a lot have gone to the mines to work big money has attracted them so your trade is at a premium just now the mines are crying out for Diesel fitters /mechanics.

I think your right Ive registerd here with cav power ,this is what it say's on the site.

Are You Ready? Cavpower is gearing up for the most significant expansion in the company�s 40 year history! EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR MULTIPLE CURRENT ROLES - APPLY HERE!!!

http://cavpower.bigredsky.com/

yep diesel mechanics in the mines around $120k to $140k a year.

Stevo

It does sound very tempting, but I have thought right from the start that it would also make settling as a family a lot harder ,with everyone being apart so much ,maybe after being here a year or so it could be easier,but that is a lot of money.