Help!!! Work needed electrician

Guest Maria Day

Guest Maria Day

Hi All,

My name is Matthew( Maria's hubby). We just arrived here in Oz a week today and needing job. I am Class A Electrician (restricted at the moment). I used to run my own company in UK for 20 years. I have experienced working in domestic, commercial and industrial.I am hard worker and take a great deal of pride and pleasure with my work. If anyone can recommend or know of any vacancies, please let me know. My contact number is 0452530615. Many thanks.

Warm Regards,

Matthew Day.

Guest Maria Day

My licence application is in Consumer and business services under process. I had done vet asses and gap training and passed the exam already and now waiting to receive my restricted license to come. I have a receipt to prove It is under process.

Matthew.

Guest Barney Rubble

Your restriction will probably be that you cannot certify/train other electrical tradespeople but as long as you issue a C.o.C (Certificate of Compliance) you'll be able to do electrical works, testing and certifying your works is essential for safety, name and reputation :wink:

FACT.

More electricians go out of business than plumbers !

Guest Barney Rubble
Hello,

I am not looking at running my own business, would prefer to work for someone. Thanks.

That's cool, you should be ok once you get an employer to recognise that your on your way for an A Class.

Hi Mathew it's Chris 'selinas other half Maria will know' have you thought about getting re assessed by the TRA ? With a ARTC certificate from the TRA and your wiring regs from PEER you do not have to work restricted you can get your unrestricted A class licence straight away.

Chris

Guest Barney Rubble
Hi Mathew it's Chris 'selinas other half Maria will know' have you thought about getting re assessed by the TRA ? With a ARTC certificate from the TRA and your wiring regs from PEER you do not have to work restricted you can get your unrestricted A class licence straight away.

Chris

There you go, been here two weeks and giving advice and assistance :wink:

Mathew i think Chris is going to be fairly accurate on getting through the present system, i got my licence from the back of a kellogs cornflakes packet when i came here !

Am not sure how the new system works but you two (us three) should get together along with pommyspark when here gets here and start the all new English Electric Company, now there's a thought :wacko:

Guest Maria Day

Hi Chris,

I didn't do my wiring regs with Peer. I've signed up with Down under Tradies Gap training in UK. I don't know what the difference with Peer training and Down under. If we can compare notes, that would be great. Perhaps we can meet over a pin of lager?

Guest Barney Rubble
You might see my oh Kev He is booked in for 8 Feb i think I will tell him to look out for you.

Oi, no cheating you 2 !

On that note i think i'd best book in for a refresher course:policeman:

Hi Janice, send me Kevs phone number I will have to re check my start date now as I had put it back as it was supposed to start on the 17th Jan but I was to busy. I'm sure she said the 7th but it might have been the 8th I have an email somewhere so will check.

Has kev finished the study book ?

Chris.