Care workers qualifications

julie-ruth

Hello all, I thought I would pass on this bit of information for people who are emigrating over here and wish to work in a care workers role.

www.cstdc.com.au has a flexible training programme where you can train on line to complete a Cert 2, Cert 3 or Cert 4 in community care. This is a great opportunity for people to train in this field while waiting for their visa. Care workers are widely required but you will not be able to work in this field without completing a minimum Cert 3. This company trains for people who wish to work in the community not in Care Homes that you will require a minimum of Cert 3 in aged care.

I have found my NVQ's were not recodnised and I had to retrain to work in the community as a carer. I originally trained in Cert 3 and now are near completing my Cert 4 with the company above. The company I work for is now sponcering me to become an Enrolled Nurse, which will give me a wider scope with my nursing career.

Hope this helps someone

Julie

Guest Maria Day

Hi Julie,

T

Many thanks for the info. The website above, would they sponsor hospital base enrolled nurse or do they only cater for community base? I used to work in the hospital as HCA and would like to do the same over here but found out I need to get certificate 3 and so on to get to work in the hospital.:((

No the company above is only Community based training. They don't sponcer, the organisation who employee's me has sponcered me on my courses using the above agency. For training to become an EN I am using a company called Nursing Dynamic's, its a one day a week, intensive 20 months course and they wouldn't of let me joined this course without a Cert 3 in either aged care or community care Its a very long hard slog to get into a nursing career.

Julie

No the company above is only Community based training. They don't sponcer, the organisation who employee's me has sponcered me on my courses using the above agency. For training to become an EN I am using a company called Nursing Dynamic's, its a one day a week, intensive 20 months course and they wouldn't of let me joined this course without a Cert 3 in either aged care or community care Its a very long hard slog to get into a nursing career.

Julie

My wife trained as an Enrolled Nurse, whilst here as well. The course she did, was only a year and she also had to have a Cert 3 in Aged Care. That was worth having as it meant she could do agency work until her nursing qualification came through. Certainly worth becoming and Enrolled Nurse and you can knock a year studying to become a Registered Nurse.

Cooler