Just thought I would post something on here about the white card situation so others don't fall for the trap that I fell for.

I did my white card online about a year ago after being told that all white cards are equal and will be accepted Oz wide no matter where issued.

Well its turns out that this is a load of ****.

Because one of the states will not come to the party the others have thrown there toys out of the pram so you have to have one issued in the state you wish to work.

I know there has been a few conversations on here about the white card and how to get one.

So the conclusion is,

If you have a white card issued in another state with no picture on it its only fit for scraping ice off your windscreen.

You will have to get a new one issued in SA with your picture on it.

Sorry to bring you bad news but hope I can help someone with this info.

Rob and Mel

Ps..A white card is the safety card you need to work in construction of any sort.

Guest duggy281

Can you apply for a sa whitecard online??

Moving out to Morphett vale in may.

Electrician and looking for work doing anything to start with until i get my A licence.:huh:

All and any help gratefully received.

Cheers all>

Hi

Jason did his online no problem nad his was issued through WA, no picture but have had no problems. He used http://www.whitecardaustralia.com.au $67, nationally recognised and did it over three nights. some of the questions that wold have been right in UK were wrong here but if it is wrong you just do it again until you get it right.

Good luck with it

You would be better to do it when you get here. The one you do on line is not recognized by a lot companies and will turn you away It is only a matter of time till they are not accepted any where. When you get here apply for a CITB card you will then get a discount on training courses you can get the white card course for $40,You may be able to get a discount on your license training.

Can you apply for a sa whitecard online??

Moving out to Morphett vale in may.

Electrician and looking for work doing anything to start with until i get my A licence.:huh:

All and any help gratefully received.

Cheers all>

Many if not all larger Tier 1 and 2 companies (HY, Baulderstone, Built Environs, Badge etc ) will not allow any one on site with a white card obtained on line. Our company do not. Dont bother getting on line at all or you may end up finding your be restricted where u can work, there are reasonably inexpensive to get from places suchas Master Builders.

As for the pictures on the cards from as far as i am aware will eventually come out if not all ready as was an obvious thing to put on to the cards but like most things here never very well thought out.

As for use interstate white cards were supposed to do away with all the hassle of different cards that each state had, green cards, blue cards. They are meant to be nation wide.

White card at peer is a 1 day course its $100 but if you have CITB card its only $25 my hubby is doing it this month. Also we took application in direct for CITB card and next day we had the CITB number. It has saved loads on peer fees. $790 for wiring rules but with CITB its only $255. Every little counts.

Thanks,

For those that agree with me.(Ianb,Ian mc,).

Moosh you might of got away with it when you last used it but probably not next time!

Niknjas, your other half will start to have more problems and will not be allowed to use it at all.

Lots of people think its only for commercial workers but even those in the domestic trades are having to do the white card.

Like I said its only coming into play as we discuss this so lots of people dont know the new rules,

I did not till this week and we have been here for a while.

Rob and Mel

Guest duggy281
White card at peer is a 1 day course its $100 but if you have CITB card its only $25 my hubby is doing it this month. Also we took application in direct for CITB card and next day we had the CITB number. It has saved loads on peer fees. $790 for wiring rules but with CITB its only $255. Every little counts.

Hi Janice.

Thanks for the info above.

Where do you apply for the CITB and White card?

sorry for all questions but any info to get us ahead before we arrive is gratefully received.

Have you managed to find electrical work yet?

Cheers

Duggy281:err:

Thanks,

For those that agree with me.(Ianb,Ian mc,).

Moosh you might of got away with it when you last used it but probably not next time!

Niknjas, your other half will start to have more problems and will not be allowed to use it at all.

Lots of people think its only for commercial workers but even those in the domestic trades are having to do the white card.

Like I said its only coming into play as we discuss this so lots of people dont know the new rules,

I did not till this week and we have been here for a while.

Rob and Mel

Thanks for the heads up

You have to apply for your CITB when you arrive. I printed the form off web and we took it there in person along with copy of visa and passport also copy of JIB card. IT was issued the next day. AS for white card you can do it at peer its a day course and hubby is doing it after his wiring rules. We have only been here two weeks and to be honest not really looked for work as yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Should be able to get job as landscape gardener. Depends what type of fencing he does a lot of metal post and rail and and good neighbor fencing here, glass pool fencing and finished timber horizontal slat fencing has made a come back over the last couple of years.He will need a white card dont do it on line get it when he comes 6hr course.