Chef looking for Sponsorship

Guest eager6

Guest eager6

Any advice how a chef can get sponsorship here in Adelaide.He is willing to work out in the mines!!Excellent chef, cannot believe so hard to get sponsorship.

Would love any feedback!

I don't know the situation with what's on the skills list, can he not get state sponsorship, when I was applying for my visa I applied to heaps of employers for over a year, not one would sponsor me, the chef work over here is mostly casual hours, there isn't many full time positions even for Australian citizens, unless the job is advertised for being full time.

By applying whilst still in the uk I did make contacts over here who were more than willing to see me once I had landed,

i got a job within a couple of weeks I applied through adverts in the Advertiser on a Saturday,Wednesday and also went cold calling with my CV, 17 years experience and I have worked in all levels from ala carte restaurants,hotels to schools and hospitals. I actually had to turn the work away, and jobs down in the end as they all wanted me to work for them,

Good luck, you might be lucky

Andrew

Hi, has he had his skills, qualifications assessed. I had to apply to the Trades recognition Australia, (TRA) this can take a lot of time to gather all the Info required, I had to prove that I had been a chef for a period of time, gathering references,statements proving I had done the relevant or equal qualifications to what they use over here.in Australia.

It can get you down,... I had to track down references from 17 years ago who could verify that I completed my apprentice, and what I did when I was on it,in great detail too. It seemed to take forever..lol. Lucky for me I kept in contact with them,

Hope this helps and again good luck.

Guest eager6
Hi, has he had his skills, qualifications assessed. I had to apply to the Trades recognition Australia, (TRA) this can take a lot of time to gather all the Info required, I had to prove that I had been a chef for a period of time, gathering references,statements proving I had done the relevant or equal qualifications to what they use over here.in Australia.

It can get you down,... I had to track down references from 17 years ago who could verify that I completed my apprentice, and what I did when I was on it,in great detail too. It seemed to take forever..lol. Lucky for me I kept in contact with them,

Hope this helps and again good luck.

Thank you for info.Problem is he is Spanish.English level would be basic.Need a sponsor!!