Any work required

Northy

Hi,

does anyone know of any jobs going. My hubby's qualified plumber in UK, but has found since being here that doesn't stand for anything...... He has his white card & restricted licence, but he's applying for anything now.... Skills are, plumbing & heating engineer, engineering, stores, driving, tiling....he can turn his hand to anything. We arrived here 9.1.12 & have been looking for work since then... I've managed to get the odd day cleaning, but it's the end of the season now so that's dried up. Hubby's applied for anything from delivery - mushroom picking, he'd willingly do anything....We really do need some work so would appreciate it if anyone could let me know.

Hi Northy, welcome to PIA, There are lots of people like your hubby here, but dont let that put you off. It seems that a lot of luck and a different way of delivering CV's, that is the key here. I mean putting your face around and knocking on doors and shaking hands is the best way here, he will jump the email que by doing this. I myself am in a similar position as a sparky however I intended not to work till my licence was gained. I know plumbers have a lot harder time of it, but dont dispair it will happen, only today on the news another development in the city is going ahead creating another 200 jobs. Check out previous threads by rob & mel, Rob is a fantastic source of information for plumbers on this site. Good luck

Thanks mate, we're abouts are you in Adelaide. I saw that you too moved over in Jan..... How are you finding it? We love it, apart from the lack of work.... We have a 15 year old girl- ash, she's a bit up & down.... Our 8 yr old boy Finn is adjusting better. We are going to the poms in Adelaide meet up @ Noarlunga next week, are you......

Northy,

Rob here have you looked on the 3 mail job sites?

http://www.seek.com.au/

http://www.careerone.com.au/

and

http://www.jobseeker.com.au/

Dont just put plumber play with the words like pipe, gas, drainage you get the idea.

We will be going to Christies Beach on the first Sunday of the month so catch up there.

You asked Pommyspark where was he but you never said where you are?

We are in Aberfoyle Park if you want to catch up sooner?

If so send me a PM with your number.

Rob and Mel

Thanks mate, we're abouts are you in Adelaide. I saw that you too moved over in Jan..... How are you finding it? We love it, apart from the lack of work.... We have a 15 year old girl- ash, she's a bit up & down.... Our 8 yr old boy Finn is adjusting better. We are going to the poms in Adelaide meet up @ Noarlunga next week, are you......

Er proberbly,.what day is it this month..? We are in kings park just south of cbd on the goodwood road. As you Northy we are loving the attempt to fit in, its their way or no way isnt it lol.

I see you never posted on here before.. the people on this forum are a true lifeline, there are many good honest people here. my kids are lovin it i'm on a threat of death if I try to move them lol. where are you lot? what part of the uk (if the uk) are you from.. let us all know who you are ?? cheers Jay

Hi,

sorry, I've now filled in details about us..... It's all new to me so not sure if I've done it right???

We are in Hallett Cove but originally from Sutton-on-Trent near Newark, Notts, UK.

The meet is this Sunday @ 3.00. Hopefully our daughter will settle more meeting other teenagers......