We need a sponser!!!

Guest tina627

Guest tina627

Hi I'm hoping that someone out there can help or advise us! I'm a hairdresser and was just about to apply for our visa when my job has been removed from the list!!!! My husband works as a fitter/welder but his skills are all work based, from what I can tell the best way for us to get our visas is to be sponsered by an employer in Adelaide!!!!! Help!!!!! xxx

Hi Tina, we as a family moved over here in september. I used to teach hairdressing back in the uk so i knew i had to go back into the salon (shop floor) when we arrived and since then i have struggled to get work. the problems i seem to find is that they dont seem to accept uk quals, u have to get them rpl (as the call it over here) to australian quals from the tafe (college) at more expense.. I have just done my rpl for level 3 at a cost of $500 and if i want to go back into teaching i need to rpl the rest of my quals at a cost of $500 a pop...... but work is not easy to come by... dont let me put u off in coming over this is just my personal opinion but i have struggled like i said.. I have finally found employment but its in a salon but not what i came out here to do so i will just keep trying to get to where i want to be again.. its like starting on the bottom of the ladder again.. as for sponsorship i would find it highly unlikly u would find a hair salon to sponsor (as they need to prove to the state government that they cannot fill that postion within SA) and if u r lucky enough to find 1 i think u will have to stay with them for 2 yrs whether u like it or not... best trying to get a state sponsor but has hairdressing come off the list in SA? anyway good luck..

tracey

Guest tina627

Hi Tracey that's not good news, we've got a meeting with our migration people in a couple of weeks so will c if it's better to go with my husbands job!! Thanks for the advise!! Xxx do u like oz? Was it worth it? Tina. X

Yeah australia and adelaide is a nice place but the one thing is that there does'nt seem to b a lot of work around and its more of who u know rather than what u know if u know what i mean lol.... but in general yeah we do like it but i think a bit of home sickness is creeping in with my husband and eldest boy....not with me i really like it but its all down to work at the moment... also u will have to remember that is not cheap over here anymore compared to 5-10 yrs ago as i keep getting reminded of... but dont let me put u off!! i wont be moving lol... if u can go for the state sponsor those visa's dont seem to take to long to go through if your trades are still on the list... if u need anymore info drop us a line..

cheers tracey