Police Recruitment

Guest Alesia & Leigh Valentine

I am currently a serving Police officer in the UK, how do you gain PR without having a sponsorship? as police officer is not listed in the skills list??? My wife is a Dental Nurse and also needs sponsorship!?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I think the Aussie police do recruitment drives in the uk, you have to go and have yourself assessed physically and mentally I believe. Think they do it every couple of years and then I guess the visa sponsorship would be through them.

Plenty of info on the forum about nurses just do a search.

Hope this helps.

http://www.achievemore.com.au/officer/uk-applicants.html

SOUTH AUSTRALIA POLICE

UNITED KINGDOM RECRUITING

South Australia Police are not currently recruiting directly from the United Kingdom. Any future Recruiting Initiatives will posted on this website.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, some local issues might see direct recruiting in the UK suspended for a quite a while.

Other forces may be recruiting though.

Try here:

http://www.pfa.org.au/node/53

go down to the bottom of the page and you can see the forces listed.

SAPOL have recruted fromm the uk over the last 5+ years however I don't think they will be doing it again soon i'm afraid. From my undersatanding the last recruits are just arriving now.

WA also recruit from the uk however they again would advertise on their site the same as SAPOL do.

As someone else said its quite a long process, you also need to have been a serving police officer for over 5 years.

If your wife couls come over on a permanent visa could you join the police here? I think that it is a 6 - 8 month course but it would mean starting again at the bottom.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can offer any more advise

Rach

Thank you to you all for your comments.

I have been waiting for WA to do a UK recruitment drive but to no avail. To be honest the kids are getting older so want to go ASAP. I saw that SAPOL have done a UK drive every year for the past few and typically it doesnt look likely for one this year!

My wifes a dental nurse/assistant and seems very difficult to get sponsorship. We have family in WA too.

NZ & Victoria have Facebook recruitment pages i have contacted. Want WA but if we have to go where the jobs are then like you say transfer im cool with that.

• 9 months later...