Looking for a maintenance or handyman position

Hello I have been in Australia for 12 weeks and at the moment I'm working for a plumbing company. I am a qualified plumber in the uk with over 20 years experience but since being in australia and plumbing I have decided that I would like a career change to go with my life change ( blame it on being 40). I would like to do a handyman or maintenance role so that I could still use some of my plumbing skills but also do different things within a days work eg gardening, painting, moving etc. I'm a hard worker and happy to turn my hand to any task.

Thank you PM if you know of any positions.

Handyman and general maintenance jobs seem to pay low wages.

I used to work as a maintenance/plumber in the UK and tried to get similar work over here.

If you are lucky they pay $20/h from the jobs I have seen.

Who have you managed to find work with?

Have you just got work under "direct" supervision on your licence?

Hope you find something you really want.

Rob and Mel

Guest plumber leigh

Hi Andy

Ive seen quite a few of these jobs advertised while ive been looking for a plumbing job, ive seen them on careerone and seek website, also theres a place in colanades called skil that have those type of jobs, just need to register with them, they dont pay great money but its money at the end of the day, hoever they seem to require first aid cert and ute/trailer. Im considering trying it myself, ive done my first aid today and brought a ute over the weekend, would prefer plumbing job but noboy is hiring and seem to be banging my head against a brick wall, as for the gap training im not even going there!!!!, been here 6 weeks now and loving it but starting to worry as the savings are going fast!!

Leigh

Edited by plumber leigh

I work as a maintenance contractor self employed I do work for real estate agents and developers and a couple of other agency's and some private work. All the people that I do work for ask me every year to supply them with a copy of my Insurance, builders license, police clearance etc.Even to do maintenance work you still need a builders license, I only do building work no lawns or gardens,Most of the maintenance/handyman jobs are in places like nursing homes if you look on seek under trades sub section maintenance/handyman there is always a few jobs there.

I work as a maintenance contractor self employed I do work for real estate agents and developers and a couple of other agency's and some private work. All the people that I do work for ask me every year to supply them with a copy of my Insurance, builders license, police clearance etc.Even to do maintenance work you still need a builders license, I only do building work no lawns or gardens,Most of the maintenance/handyman jobs are in places like nursing homes if you look on seek under trades sub section maintenance/handyman there is always a few jobs there.
Im doing likewise and agents do tend to ask for licence and insurance details