Need Casual/temporary job in SA

Guest OFF2OZ

Guest OFF2OZ

Hello !!

I am a new migrant to SA . I ve come here with OH and 2year old son. It seems like its gonna take a while till OH actually lands himself into a closely related Job of his profession. Until then , he badly requires a Casual/temporary job to support family. Please let me know if anyone knows or have opportunities. We have tried it out in Woolworths, Coles and IGA , But no luck :(

Appreciate your help

Hi there

We landed last week and also have a 2 year old, my OH is a bricklayer and there isn;t a lot of that work around but we have been trundling the streets with copies of his CV to hand into various recruitment agencies and had 1 come back and say that he soulf get some 'general' work next week. Try googling the recruitment agents in the CBD maybe? that what we did and I (think?) we are on the right track.

Hope you are enjoying Adelaide as much as we are - the stresses of finding a job/long term rental are begining to get to us and we cannot wait until we are sorted! shout if you fancy a coffee and a play date for the little ones once you OH is in work - we have found some fab parks here already!

Keep at it and positive thoughts will get you there x

There are thousands out of work in Adelaide, so you have huge competition for 'general' work. I've been told by agencies that place you for random work assignments that they actually have so many people looking for work they can only place about 25% of applicants. I can't find work in my profession so have been trying to get anything for 4 months now. Once got told that they were baffled why I was applying and I'd be off as soon as soon as a better offer came along.

Crazy. Good luck though.

There are thousands out of work in Adelaide, so you have huge competition for 'general' work. I've been told by agencies that place you for random work assignments that they actually have so many people looking for work they can only place about 25% of applicants. I can't find work in my profession so have been trying to get anything for 4 months now

. Once got told that they were baffled why I was applying and I'd be off as soon as soon as a better offer came along.

Unfortunately that is what happens when you try to get a job different or beneath( FOR WANT OF A BETTER WORD)what your cv says. You can see thier point of view tho, however frustrating it is