Doing work in the home??

Guest Terry

Guest Barney Rubble

I've got a question, where do you get the fancy edges that goaround windows. Looking for some straight ones to finish off a feature wall in the garden.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Hi, we have recently bought a house and our front room and dining area is covered in shiny wallpaper, tastefully done, but looking at maybe taking it off soon!! lol, could you provide me with a quote or recommendation to if we paint over, its starting to come apart in areas and would appreciate any help or guidance, thanks - we are in the north east of adelaide. We are on a bit of a budget due to just buying the place, but could do with a professional approach, thanks !!

Guest smurph

before i consider any person to work on my house, i ask for the builders licence number so i can check this online ocba.com.au. i ask for the amount of liability insurance that person has, to ensure any mis-haps are taken care of. so maybe if you could supply this public information to people on here?, re-assurance of knowing you have a qualified, experienced, licenced and insured tradesman at your home.

and where possible i check out any references, recommendations etc.. i know it is only plastering and decorating but i have seen some shocking work.

Guest Terry

What do you mean by you know its ONLY plastering and decorating?? They are skilled trades that can only be done one way AND THATS THE CORRECT WAY!! and yes obviously takes skill, experience and qualification peaple who dont have Skill, experiance and qualification do shocking jobs becuase they said its ONLY Plastering and Decorating.. This is why im offering PROFESIONAL ADVISE!!!!!!!

Guest smurph

they sure are trade skills that need to be done right, i have seen cutting in that is shocking, paint flaking off the walls, one coat on walls etc etc.. but never in my home because i use a licensed, insured, qualified tradesperson in that field, so my advice as specified above is for people taking advice or quotes for work to be completed on there homes is to seek ocba.com.au for the trade license that allows them to perform that work.

i have to smile when i watch current affairs and programs like that, and wonder why did you use someone that knocked on your door, and why didnt alarm bells ring when they wanted money up front.. it is like anything in life check it out and do your research..

I can't understand how you became a time served qualified plasterer and decorator are they not two different trades. Is it not usually a painter and decorator and it used to be slater and plasterer many many years ago but two different trades now.Given your age it would been hard to complete two apprenticeships since leaving school.

Guest Terry

Ime NVQ Level 2 qualified in both!!! Ive done two 3 year apprenticeships at mancat college of arts and technology openshaw i worked for my fathers business for 8 years!!!He has been working in our local area for 35 years and only employs peaple who carry out workm to the highest of standard!! U dont know anything about me or my work!! I havent put a ballaclava on and said ime coming to your house doing all your work for you!!! AND IF U DONT WANT MY OPINIONS STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS!!!

Time served If you do not know is serving your apprenticeship ( IE served your time as a apprentice.)I just found it strange that you would do two apprentiships in such a short space of time.But now you have said you have worked for your father it now all makes sence.