Aged care worker's salary

Guest boesman

Guest boesman

Hi, I was a carer in the UK for a few years and was wondering if I should do this work again in OZ. I know I have to do the AQF111 certificate in Aged Care first, but don't want to spend the money on a course if the pay isn't much more that being a cashier at a supermarket. Are there any folkes out here that have a rough idea of what one could expect to be paid as a carer? Also, how flexible are these care agencies or employers? I am looking into part time work at first, because I have three small kiddies at school and there is no osch here as far as I know. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MarkSA
Thanks so much for the replies! x

You might want to consider working in Community Aged Care, supporting clients in their own homes, there is plenty of flexibility and you could work school hours, let me know if you'd like to know employers looking for staff, are you in Adelaide?

Guest boesman
You might want to consider working in Community Aged Care, supporting clients in their own homes, there is plenty of flexibility and you could work school hours, let me know if you'd like to know employers looking for staff, are you in Adelaide?

Hi and yes! Thanks, I'll be greatful for contacts or leads. We live in MOana. I might go and do the Aged care and community care cert 111 in July, but if I can still find work before then, GREAT!

Guest boesman
I doubt very much you will manage to find anyone willing to employ you without a cert III, though if you are already working towards it you mmight be lucky

No, i totally agree Maria and frankly, I am in no hurry to get back to work too soon. My kids are still small and the school phones at least once a fort night with something that someone forgot or this and that. Don't know how working mums cope!!!! They must be super women.