0 times

The Local experience requriment

Hi everybody,

I wonder why companies and employers always insist to hire candidates with local experience rather than new immigrants, what I cannot understand is that, there are jobs that might require the local experience especially in marketing and sales fields, however, in other fields like information technology I do not think that local experience does matter.
      As long as your skills are assessed from responsible organization, this means this immigrant can work in OZ and his/her skills are in demand so again and again, if do not hire this candidate how can he get the desired “LOCAL EXPERIENCE”

South Australia
      1771 times
      You sound pretty hacked off, Tymoor, and I totally understand your point. It is hard to prove yourself in a new country especially if no one will give you a chance.

That said, hiring someone is a big deal. It takes money, time and effort and I would imagine most companies want to be sure as the person they are hiring are as good as they claim. Assessments are all well and good but, IMHO, nothing beats a recommendation from someone you know/respect in the field. And that's when the 'it's not what you know..' comes into play.

Still, I wish you luck and hopefully given time, determination and a flexible approach, it'll work out for you.
      All the best,