Help with price list please !

Hi people !

We will be on our way in 8 wks time. I am trying to work out a competitive price list for my hairdressing, but not really sure on how to price it. I've tried looking at salons and thinking I have to come in a lot cheaper, but what would really help me is if anyone minds sharing (or pm me) the prices they pay for a mobile hairdresser. I have over 20 yrs experience working for myself in the UK and to give you an idea of how competitive I am here, I charge £8 for a gents cut, £10 for ladies, £6 for kids, colours and cuts from £30.

I did think about just converting my prices but obviously I have to consider the cost of living in relation to what I earn:skeptical:

Lisa

Hairdressers charge a fortune here. If you charge those prices you will have a queue of customers.

I paid $175 for a colour at an average shopping centre hair salon and $140 for a mobile hairdresser to come to my home. It was no different than ive had in the Uk, my mobile hairdresser used to charge me £25.

Hence my roots are somewhat bigger between colours here...lol

Last visit to our local hairdressers, small suburban shopping centre, my husband paid $16 at the barbers for a cut and I paid $149 for a few foils, colour, cut and style. I thought it was a bit expensive as I usually pay around $100 for regrowth and just foils, plus cut and style.

I do hate the way hairdressers here ask if you want it dried. I can't believe anyone leaves with wet hair.

I go to a hairdressers house and she charges me $90 to do my hair cut and colour (past shoulder length hair), and also cuts my 3 childrens hair for this price. When we first arrived I went to a salon and paid $24 for my daughter to have a trim (she was 6 at the time).

Last visit to our local hairdressers, small suburban shopping centre, my husband paid $16 at the barbers for a cut and I paid $149 for a few foils, colour, cut and style. I thought it was a bit expensive as I usually pay around $100 for regrowth and just foils, plus cut and style.

I do hate the way hairdressers here ask if you want it dried. I can't believe anyone leaves with wet hair.

hahaha I never have my hair dried!! I hate having my hair cut, I wash it myself before I go, she cuts it and I'm off like a shot!

weird I know but I have always been like it :)

A hairdresser friend does my hair has her own salon room in her house $60 for cut regrowth foils ( have a big mop of thick hair) and blowdry.

Keep a fair price and a good hair cut and the poms will love you. Hubby and I were hairdressers when we 1st came out Ozzies (men) dont seem to be bothered about their hair they seem to go for price. A ozzie friend had his hair cut at another pommie friends barbers said he had the best haitcut he had ever had but wont go back cos he charges $20 I almost fell of my chair laughing lol

Hi again, and thanks everyone for the input, here in the UK I have never had to advertise as I had the liberty of time to build my business up while the kids were growing up, and I have always prided myself on exactly what you said Tina, and thats a fair price and a good haircut, so with that in mind does anyone mind giving their opinions on these few prices -

children $11.50

gents $15

ladies cut $19.50

ladies cut and blowdry short hair $28.50

" " long hair $33.50

Feel free to make any constructive criticism, I won't take offence !!

Lisa

Hi again, and thanks everyone for the input, here in the UK I have never had to advertise as I had the liberty of time to build my business up while the kids were growing up, and I have always prided myself on exactly what you said Tina, and thats a fair price and a good haircut, so with that in mind does anyone mind giving their opinions on these few prices -

children $11.50

gents $15

ladies cut $19.50

Too pricey ?

" " long hair $33.50

Lisa

Well, the lack of response has made me think maybe they are too pricey ?:unsure:

hi, we are from bedfordshire too!!

i have been using a hairdresser who does it from her home (garage converted to salon) she charges around $60 for half head foils and cut...last week i paid $18 for a dry trim and eyebrow wax......

my two boys use a local barber and they pay $17 each....

prices vary hugely here....hope that helps!

kath

children $11.50

gents $15

ladies cut $19.50

" " long hair $33.50

Lisa

Hurry up and get here my hair needs a good cut lol. Prices seem fair to me.

We are not far from River Road. We love it here the beach is just lovely. Our kids go to Port Noarlunga School and have settled realy well. Have you got children!

We have three children, the eldest son is 21 this year and is only coming out with us for a few months, our next son will be 18 a couple of weeks after we arrive ( maybe you can give me some tips on where to eat out on his bday ?) and our daughter is 15