Skills Expo

Guest kerjam

Guest lizdaz

Hi Kerjam,

I have been invited and am going on the Sunday.I hope its going to prove useful.I got invited even though I have no qualifications in my trade.

Cheers Darren

Guest pickard family

small world we are in Heaton Mersey, did you manage to get onto the website and book tickets??

We will probably go on the Sat i think incase we need to go back on the Sunday,

Guest BAZnDAF

Yeah, got the tickets a while ago, we are going on the saturday too, but not sure if both days are the same or if they have different things on each day. Was hoping to get a room for friday night so we get the whole day there.

Guest BAZnDAF
We rang Concept Australia, didn't find them very helpful, how have they been with you??

They seem to be ok with me, haven't paid them anything yet as I am waiting for a copy and transcript of my HNC certificate from Edexcel to arrive, have been looking around and had various qoutes from other agencies and they seem to be the cheapest for the visa I am applying for (state sponsored). Will get more info from the Expo before I hand over any money to anyone.. ;)

The guy I have been in contact with there was Steve. Got quite a lot of free info out of him, which nearly all agencies will do anyway.

Might be better to go to the Expo and see who is there and get a price for their service, it may depend on the visa you go for.

Guest pickard family

Hiya again,

can I ask you what your HNC is in as I have a HND and thought it was no good without the year top degree....

Thanks

Carol

Guest BAZnDAF
Hiya again,

can I ask you what your HNC is in as I have a HND and thought it was no good without the year top degree....

Thanks

Carol

Hi Carol,

My HNC is in computer studies, I have to apply for a skills test with ACS (Australian Computer Society), I need an AQF Diploma or equivalent plus six years experience, I have been told that an HNC/D is equivalent to an AQF Diploma.

It all depends on the ASCO code your job falls into as to which skills test you will require and the amount of experience, I'm testing for the ASCO 2231-17.

What do you do for a living?

Guest pickard family

I thought it was in Computer studies, no we are stuffed. I hve a HND in Travel and Tourism Management I worked for MyTravel for 9 years on sales and the last 3 years on Web Support, until I got made redundant when they merged with Thomas Cook in November. Husband has got some C&G in Electrical Inspection and Testing, and Thermography but don't really count for nothing. So trying to get in on a Student Visa, will go back to study for 2 years but both me and husband can only work for 20 hrs a week in term time.