mining

Guest jon & sarah

Guest jon & sarah

Hi there..

my wife and i are still waiting for our visa, hopefully it won't be long now..

I've opperated plant machinery for some time now and really fancy some dumper work in the mines, can anyone point me in the right direction (nearest mine to Adelaide, job agencies etc) that's had some experience?!?!

Any advice will be much appreciated :v_SPIN:

Many Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

My husband Ian, has just started work for Built Environs, which is a major contractor for the mining industry.

Send him your C.V and he'll have a better idea of your experience and he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

mcnee_ian@hotmail.com

Judi x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sandra&Shaun

Hi ZX6roo - any chance of sending me those details re dump truck drivers - I am taking my HC licence next week and would be interested. Is it likely to be able to find a job dump truck driving in the mines having had no other experience? By the way, does ZX6 mean you ride a ninja? Had one myself in the UK and looking at getting another soon - any recommendations for local dealers?

Shaun

Hi All

I'm interested in anything to do with mining as well because I help out with the Poms in Oz forum and a lot of people on there are looking for mines information as well.

So first I'd like to thank Moosh for the list of websites. In a minute they will all be trapped safely in my newly-created mines information sub-folder.

Secondly I've got a few snippets of info which might interest some of you.

By chance yesterday I came across this website:

http://www.citstraining.com.au/?id=courses&categoryID=250

I do know that the dumper trucks in some of the mines are heavier than jumbo jets, but since I have enough trouble driving my VW Golf I've no idea whether the sorts of courses that CITS run would have any relevance to people looking for work in the mines. My inclination would be to contact CITS though because if they are not the right people they will surely know who the right people are.

GlobalTradeSearch is a recruitment company based in Adelaide:

http://globaltradesearch.com.au/

A couple of months ago Sandy Coates from GTS told me that they have just landed a massive contract to recruit staff for a mine. She did not give me any details about the mine.

Richard from Workforce Solutions says he thinks it could be a mine in SA called the Olympic Mine. That comes up if you use Google Australia and tell GA to confine itself to Australian web-pages. Workforce Solutions place staff who already have visas as well as those needing sponsorship for visas, apparently. Please see this link:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/32334-workforce-solutions-your-questions-answered.html

If you search the other PiO threads mentioning Wokforce Solutions in the title, Richard has given a phone number on at least one of the threads and he is based in th UK.

It might be worth contacting Jamie from Hireamigrant as well.

The SA Chamber of Mines has a list of Members who presumably run mines and a separate list of contractors etc who are involved with the mines in SA.

http://www.resourcessa.org.au/

Best wishes

Gill

Always glad to be of help to people.

I didn't mention what mines were here in SA so here is my list:

Olympic Dam - run by BHP Billiton www.bhpbilliton.com.au (shortage of accommodation though at Roxby Downs) but are currently in the process of employing for the Olympic Dam Expansion Project.

Prominent Hill - copper/gold mine run by Oxiana/Zinifex www.oxiana.com.au and commissioning is through Fluor www.fluor.com which has another 6 months to go. It is located about 100kms south of Coober Pedy and will be fly in fly out (FIFO) on a 2 week on, 1 week off basis. Oxiana/Fluor Office is in the City. PM me if you want contacts.

Moomba - mining oil - run by Santos www.santos.com.au will be FIFO on a 2 week on, 2 week off basis.

Terramin - zinc mine up at Strathalbyn. www.terramin.com.au

A couple of the mines in WA are FIFO from Adelaide as well such as Hope Downs Site run by Rio Tinto in the Pilbara Region.

Good luck!

Guest zx6roo

Didn't you get them? I'll check me emails again as they defintely went, PM'ed you as well.

I can help with any questions people have re: Santos, BHP, Oxiana, Fluor, TAD, KBR, GHD, GPA Engineering as I know them well.

Yep, sure do ZX6R (the roo is because I rehab injured natives). With bikes, look at Boltons on South Road they do good deals. I've sold a couple of bikes thru them in the past and they are pretty honest. But if you want good, cheap and better range you need to go to Melbourne. We've bought a couple from there in the past (one was a ZX2), rode them back across and still saved money. I don't recommend buy & freighting. We just sent a ute down from Darwin at $500 and I was going to send my hubbies bike up but they want $1,4000!!!! go figure.

Hi ZX6roo - any chance of sending me those details re dump truck drivers - I am taking my HC licence next week and would be interested. Is it likely to be able to find a job dump truck driving in the mines having had no other experience? By the way, does ZX6 mean you ride a ninja? Had one myself in the UK and looking at getting another soon - any recommendations for local dealers?

Shaun