Part time job availability in Adelaide.

Guest uma

Hi ALL,

I am a 'System Analyst' by profession. I have understood that, once I get my PR,I may need to search job only after reaching Adelaide. Also getting perfect job may take quite some time.

Hence can any one please tell me whether we can get any part time jobs in Adelaide to start working immediately? This will not only engage me part time but also I can earn my bread before I get the suitable job of my profile.

Also I request you to tell me how the pays will be to different types of part time jobs.Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Uma

Guest Sannie!

Retail part time jobs are the easiest to get one on comparison with other jobs. honestly saying many has complains about the pays but that's how is it is!! from what I understood lot of little things consititutes to what your pay will be like, they are- age, previous exp in retail, employer, shift timings and so on... good luck with whatever you are after :-)

Guest pixie7

Uma,

my advice would be to get your cv off to a few agencies before you come- try Hays, Spin IT for starters and say when you are available, as soon as you land ring them up and get an appointment to complete your registration with them asap. There seems to be enough work so I would try to get straight in with an IT contract. Wage vary due to your experience but the agencies will go through all of that with you. IT is fairly small in Adelaide- everyone knows everyone so once you get a position- any position your foot is in the door and I'm sure it wont take long to get your ideal job.

Don't forget to get references before you leave your country.

Good luck