building work in australia

Guest nickhird

Guest nickhird

Hi there!

I am very interested in moving to australia and starting a new life, i am 19 years old and have been working as a builder for three years (bricklaying, plastering, roofing, joinery etc) i can labour, but I am best at plastering or bricklaying, however i am very determined and hard working, and have never made a desicion like this in my life, but am 110% SURE i can and will make it out there! I would like to know if there are any companies out there wishing to sponsor me, or even just talk about job opportunities?

thanks guys

Nick

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Do you need sponsering. Those trades are on the list, with the right qualifications and expirience maybe you will get enough points. Try speaking to an agent. Most dont charge for a quick chat. Try Mark at Migration solutions www.migration-solutions.com .

sarah

Hi Nick,

As you probably know, Adelaide is seeing a huge building boom and people with your experience and qualifications are in demand.

Going through the visa process in the U.K maybe lengthy and at 19 I'm sure you want to just get going.

Do you have any contacts in Adelaide? Maybe you could come over for a holiday and then sort out a working visa whilst you are here. Bring with you all your paperwork e.g, character references, testimonial, certificates, CV and go to the recruitment agencies here. A employer might be willing to sponsor you right away but if not you can gain expereince on your working visa and then take it from there.

Best of Luck

Judi x

Contact these guys too and they might be able to advise you more.

http://www.globaltradesearch.com.au

Guest Libby1971

WOW I am in awe:notworthy::notworthy: that you are so focused at 19. When I was 19, I just wanted shoes and handbags and pref my dad paying for them!

Give Ian a call at Ian Harrop www.ianharrop.co.uk - they are free for an initial chat and so may be able to give you some advice.

At your age and with your trade, I wouldn't have thought you'd have much trouble BUT I have no idea about the prospects in your trade. Someone will be along in a mo to help, I am sure.

Libby

Guest Welshy

Why dont you get a working holiday visa? It can take only 1 week to grant and costs under £200.. you can work for the same employer upto 6 months.. at least it would get you out here, then look for a sponsor or apply under your own right?