Dress code for Software professionals.

Guest uma

Hi All,

Could someone please tell me what is the dress code for attending interviews as well as for attending office in Software Industry?

Will the Indian dresses are accepted for regular office?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Could someone please tell me what is the dress code for attending interviews as well as for attending office in Software Industry?

Will the Indian dresses are accepted for regular office?

Thanks in advance.

For an interview then a suit or something similar is always the safest bet. The general rule of thumb is you can never be too smart for an interview. As for dress code in the office this will depend very much on the organisation. When I worked in the UK I worked for a company that had several offices in India and often employees from India would come over to the UK to work for a few months. The women (and men) always adopted a western style of dress for the office in the UK even if they wore the India dress back home. I suspect it would be the same here in Australia, although I could be wrong, and you may want to ensure you are prepared with some alternative work clothes just in case. Or maybe you can find some kind of Indian / western hybrid.