HELP ARTC application electrical mechanic

Guest Sam112

Hi everyone,

I am currently preparing my ARTC application as an electrical mechanic.

Yet, I am a bit confused about the best way how to do it.

I heard that especially the work references from previous employers would be really important.

Can anyone who succeeded with his application send me an example of one or two employer statements?

What experiences did you in general make with your ARTC application

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Sam

Edited by snifter
Removed email as per forum rules

Hi Sam.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with some help for you.

I've removed the email from your post as we ask members to not list them on the public forum. Usually once you've been here a couple of days your PM system will be up and running and people can PM you if they are able to send you this sort of thing.

FWIW, you can set up PM notifications to go to your email address so you'll know as soon as someone PM's you. Or check back here on the forum to see if you have replies.

Cheers

snifter

Guest weshardy5

Hi Sam,

i also need to send off for my artc.

are you still in he uk or out in Adelaide ?

If you look ba k at some of my previous threads with andy it may help out. I know andy is now waiting on his a class and been through this.

whats the difference between electrical mechanic compared to general electrician, that's how I got my visa as a general electrician even though I am maintenance technician/ engineer .

does electrical mechanic enable you to work in a different area.

we are looking to emigrate next June to September so I need to get this distance learning course sorted with peer veet for the wiring regs. Have you done this yet?

any info would be much appreciated.

bye for now.

wes

Hi Wes,

we (that is my wife and me) are currently in Germany not the UK. Hope you guys do not mind :wink:

My wife is doing a postgraduate study in Adelaide and we will return to Adelaide in January. So I am a bit of a special case...

Therefore, I did not have to do an assessment for the visa as I have work rights. Yet, I will still have to do the ARTC application and the wiring course once we arrive in Adelaide.

That is why I can't really tell the difference yet, I am really at a starting point. As far as I understood TRA looks for hands-on-work experience which should be described in as much detail as possible.

I will have a look the other posts you mentioned, maybe that is a starting point.

Cheers Sam

[

Guest AngPhil

I did my ARTC last year from the UK, just before the rules changed about living in Aus to be able to apply. If you pm me your email address I can send you a copy of his contents page for evidence etc. I am an electrician/electrical engineering and applied for electical fitter (didn't see electrical mechanic on the form)! I sent in an A4 folder of evidence, we are friends with someone who is doing it now while in Aus and they have been advised to submit the same stuff as my OH. I just did the PEER exams when we arrived and got my class A licence straight away. I think you can apply for both electrical fitter and electrical mechanic for 1 fee on the same form, so it is worth putting both on, double your chance. Either electrical fitter and electrical mechanic with the PEER are all you need for class A at the moment.

Paul

Hi my husband got his ARTC earlier this year. We sent loads of information detailed references stat decs even accounts as he was self employed. You have to send at least 7 years worth of evidence. Dont mention if you have done the vetessases as we know people who have been granted a grade B licence because of this. You need to be in OZ to apply now as they changed the rules last November. Also its electrical Machanic you need to apply for not Fitter. There is loads of information on British Expats forum on the Electrical threads. That where i got most of information to do my Husbands. The more you send in the better. We sent over 50 pages and his was granted.

I did my ARTC last year from the UK, just before the rules changed about living in Aus to be able to apply. If you pm me your email address I can send you a copy of his contents page for evidence etc. I am an electrician/electrical engineering and applied for electical fitter (didn't see electrical mechanic on the form)! I sent in an A4 folder of evidence, we are friends with someone who is doing it now while in Aus and they have been advised to submit the same stuff as my OH. I just did the PEER exams when we arrived and got my class A licence straight away. I think you can apply for both electrical fitter and electrical mechanic for 1 fee on the same form, so it is worth putting both on, double your chance. Either electrical fitter and electrical mechanic with the PEER are all you need for class A at the moment.

Paul

Hi there Paul, I am in the same boat but alo unsure on what to put on my application, if you wouldnt mind emailing me a copy it would be appreciated. I'll PM you.

Thanks

Zak