contractors licence books

Guest edenfieldpoms

Guest edenfieldpoms

hi wondered if anyone had a copy of the study booklets for doing the exam to get builders licence, i am in uk but i am willing to pay the postage, i have friends in adelaide who might be able to get them from you, as long as you are near them, i would like to start studying before we get to oz next year. my wife has to study for it and she isnt a builder, but cos she does the paperwork side of it she also needs to get the licence, so she could start studying here as she will be working full time when we get to oz.

thanks in advance

will

There is not much point in the two of you's doing the course she will not get a building licence unless she has some building experience as you have to sit an interview with ocba to see what they will licence you for. There is no point in paying two course fees and two yearly licence fees if she is only doing the books.There is no building work involved in the course its two parts 1)Undertake fancial planning and 2) Establish business and legal requirements. Only after you pass that can you apply to Ocba for your building licence. You only need a licence if you are working for yourself not someone else.It can take a while to get your licence I would say anything from 3 month to 6 month if your lucky.Depend on your trade but things are a bit diffrent here and work is slow just now and has been for the last year and don't see any sign of improvement in the near future.