Sole Trader on Visa 475

Guest zhou77

Hello, I am a new comer in Adelaide and I am a Graphic designer, I have been trying to look for Graphic as well as other works with no luck:arghh:, I know that we could work on our own on Visa 475 ( I have apply for ABN and plan to work as sole trader), I was wondering if there is someone out there that have done it and successfully got their PR?

If we work as sole trader, what prove that we should kept from the beginning as evidence of work as we will not have pay slip?

Will it be okay if most of the clients are from outside of Australia with me working from Adelaide?

Wondering also if there is another Graphic designer in this forum:smile:.

Thanks in Advance for the information.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year 2013.

In general, for a lot of professions Nov, Dec and Jan are the hardest times to gain work as Adelaide 'shuts down' for the Christmas period and this is also the time when the kids have their 6 weeks school summer holidays so many people are on leave.

From talking to people, graphic design work is not so in demand in Adelaide. I worked with a lady recently and she had changed profession because of this. A friends partner works in graphic design but he got the job through what I call the 'Adelaide Recruitment method' which is through a friend or family member and he initially contracted to them part-time and then got a short term contract when someone was on leave.

Try to make some contacts and networks and this could help you get a foot in the door.

In general, for a lot of professions Nov, Dec and Jan are the hardest times to gain work as Adelaide 'shuts down' for the Christmas period and this is also the time when the kids have their 6 weeks school summer holidays so many people are on leave.

From talking to people, graphic design work is not so in demand in Adelaide. I worked with a lady recently and she had changed profession because of this. A friends partner works in graphic design but he got the job through what I call the 'Adelaide Recruitment method' which is through a friend or family member and he initially contracted to them part-time and then got a short term contract when someone was on leave.

Try to make some contacts and networks and this could help you get a foot in the door.

Yes, I have to accept the fact that graphic design is not really on demand, didn't really find much of job advertisements on it, and there is only one agency that focus on providing job for design. That is why I am thinking to go solo and would have a piece of mind if someone out there that have done it on visa 475 and successfully got their PR.

Btw Happy New Year 2013 Everyone,

Thanks for responding :cool: