Sales jobs travel or other

Guest guest8040

Guest guest8040

This is my second thread in similar vein. We move on April and need to put feelers out for work. My husband has a varied sales background with experience in retail, inbound telephone sales, AV sales working with an established customer base and face to face paid fundraising. He currently works for British Airways in inbound telephone sales. He could sell just about anything and is enthusiastic and hard working - does anyone have any good advice/pointers? Thanks!

This is my second thread in similar vein. We move on April and need to put feelers out for work. My husband has a varied sales background with experience in retail, inbound telephone sales, AV sales working with an established customer base and face to face paid fundraising. He currently works for British Airways in inbound telephone sales. He could sell just about anything and is enthusiastic and hard working - does anyone have any good advice/pointers? Thanks!

Hiya

I currently work for a travel agency here in adelaide and have about 5 years experience in the industry back in the uk- when I arrived and was looking for work in sep this year I found it fairly ok as they seem to value uk experience.

emirates have just opened an office here as they have started flying daily from adelaide to Dubai and the flights are going out full and they are really busy so they may be looking to expand by the time you get here so may be worth an email - Singapore airlines also have an office here so that may be an option too.

alternatively if you are good at inbound/outbound sales then call centre work is always available through agencies to get you started

as you probably know if you are in the sales industry then it is pretty easy to turn your hand to selling anything!! so keep an open mind and try not to stress too much as something will turn up!! I say that with hindsight and I was in the same position as you wanting to get something sorted before we left but it will be easier to find work once your here!!

good luck and keep an eye on Seek as I organised 2 interviews from the uk for the week I landed

regards

Guest guest8040

Hi mate its Chris here, Mel's husband. Thanks for your reply and appreciate your thoughts on jobs. Let me put you in the picture with my work situation. As Mel may have said, I currently work for British Airways sales department in their Newcastle call centre after re-joining BA in summer 2012 working in customer service. I previously worked for BA for 6 years doing the same job from 1997-2003 before leaving for pastures new. In the next 9 years I had several jobs in differing fields; from selling retro football shirts to fundraising on behalf of children's charities to working as an Audio Visual sales/admin support executive for a local office solutions company. I also currently work part-time as an Auxilliary Youth Worker when not working at BA. I am ideally looking for work in Adelaide based around my current (and/or previous) work experience, hence my reasons for related airline work (Qantas cabin crew). I'll also look into your other airline suggestions too. I would consider any sales roles since I've a long background working to targets (my current BA role) but would literally look at anything to get some work as soon as we arrive (even the local police service). Am also intending to enquire on any youth work roles based in Adelaide. I am prepared to do anything to get us off to a good start and get some money coming in, and would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions you may have. Maybe we could meet up when we arrive, and have a beer or two. In the meantime, thanks for any advice you may have. Regards Chris White (Top Banana on Poms in Adelaide).

• 1 month later...
Guest twinfamily

Hi Chris, was wondering how your move progressed and if you managed to find work easily? I'm in a simliar position and just wondered how long it took to find employment?

Guest guest8040

Hi Chris wife here - he hasn't got the hang of forums and obviously didn't realise his last post was public not private! He's managed to line up one interview and has another lead for when we land so fingers, toes, knees and ears crossed!