Teacher registration

Guest jakeandshelley

Guest jakeandshelley

Hi,

has anyone been through the registration process for primary teaching? I have a positive skills assessment already in order to obtain my visa. Just wonder where to start the registration process.

thanks,

shelley.

Hi

my husband is currently completing it but its slightly different for us as he is a registered teacher in New Zealand so can register without qualification assessment under a scheme called mutual recognition.

there this loads of info in line, have a good read through the Teacher registration board TRB website and you will also need to do two one day courses, ECS BELS first aid and a mandatory training on abuse and neglect...after that you are good to go and ready to register for supply or apply for jobs.

good luck. There is lots of info on PIA so shout up if you need new help.

anna

Guest AngPhil

Anna is right. If you look at http://www.trb.sa.edu.au/default.php then you'll get all the info. You need to submit the same things as you put in for your skills assessment + your skills assessment and do the two day long courses.

The courses are first aid http://www.chess.sa.edu.au/Training/FACSoverview.htm or https://college.redcross.org.au/CourseDetails.aspx?CourseID=134219178&VenueId=134221086 and the responding to abuse and neglect course http://www.ceasa.asn.au/training/responding-to-abuse-and-neglect/

When I did them mid 2012, both courses were about $100. Once you have the certificates for both, just send it in and it takes about 6 weeks to come back. We thought we'd be going to Victoria, so I registered there first and then did mutual recognition before we arrived in Auz. I couldn't work in a school until I'd done both courses, but it saved me waiting weeks for the registration.

Good luck

• 1 year later...

I realise this is an old post but if anyone can advise me I'd really appreciate it. I think to register in SA you have to do the courses as part of the process. Have I read AngPhils post right - if I register in Another state where the courses are not required I will be able to get the registration quicker when I am there (i.e. do I get registration somewhere then apply to transfer it somehow?).

I realise this is an old post but if anyone can advise me I'd really appreciate it. I think to register in SA you have to do the courses as part of the process. Have I read AngPhils post right - if I register in Another state where the courses are not required I will be able to get the registration quicker when I am there (i.e. do I get registration somewhere then apply to transfer it somehow?).

Hi

hi you have to have the first aid certificate and it's counter parts asthma etc and your responding to abuse and neglect to register with SA no certificates no registration. I am in the process now done everything apart from first aid course ( has been booked) have You had all your qualifications assessed by TRB that needs to be done as well this takes about 6 weeks and the TRB registration takes up to 6 weeks as they have to carry out police checks and the SA registration takes up to a month.

hope this makes sense

kathy x :goofy:

• 5 weeks later...
Hi

hi you have to have the first aid certificate and it's counter parts asthma etc and your responding to abuse and neglect to register with SA no certificates no registration. I am in the process now done everything apart from first aid course ( has been booked) have You had all your qualifications assessed by TRB that needs to be done as well this takes about 6 weeks and the TRB registration takes up to 6 weeks as they have to carry out police checks and the SA registration takes up to a month.

hope this makes sense

kathy x :goofy:

Thanks kathy. I only just noticed there had been a reply!