Teacher's salaries

SwanseaJack

Hi to all just posted this question on the migration forum but think I should have placed it here.

Simple question

I am a teacher with 17 years experience. If I go to Australia will my pay reflect my experience. I looked at pay scales for SA and thought I would be looking at $84,000. now however people are telling me I have to start at the bottom of the ladder again. I hope this is not true.

Can anyone tell the correct answer

Thank you

A stressed kathy x

Hi Angphil

You have made my day thought my experience must count but nice to have it confirmed. Can now confidently ignore others.

Are you enjoying teaching in Adelaide? Is it all you hoped. I am a primary teacher looking forward to it but am more than prepared to go on supply first.

If you can offer an advice please do

Thanks again for your quick response

Kathy x

Guest AngPhil

Hi Kathy,

I don't start work until Wednesday, so I will be able to tell you more in a few weeks. I have had the last six months off, getting the kids settled etc. I think there is a lot to be said for doing relief teaching and getting yourself known, I wish I'd done some now so I knew what to expect. I teach secondary maths and you are allocated classes here, I am working 0.6 which is equivalent to 3 classes. I think I have been really lucky work wise, as I really wanted part time.

Good luck

Ange