Power/Energy Industry - Power Station Operator/Shift Team Leader

Guest MJG664

Hello, hope you are all well.

I am trying to gather some information about the Australian Power Industry and would be massively grateful if someone could offer some first hand advice about this sector.

So, Is there anyone on here that works/knows of someone that works in the power/energy industry, specifically as a Power Generation Plant Operator/Shift Team Leader that could possibly assist?

Many thanks,

MJG

Guest Guest5035

i believe there are 2 stations in Adelaide, Torrens Island and Pelican Point, very very rare a job comes up even rarer for a Shiftie, theres another plant at Port Augusta thats a biggie, i have a friend whos around the No3 in the pyramid at PA, i'll see him next week.

Stevo

Hello Stevo,

Many thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is that I have recently (few months ago now) seen an advertisement on a uk based recruitment site for a shift based Production Technician. Think it was for Pelican Point. The advert stated that the company was willing to provide a 457 visa for the successful candidate. Unfortunately, it wasn't a suitable time for me to apply so I didn't pursue it. It did get me thinking though and it is something that I would like to proceed with in the near future.

Do you or your friend know if either of the stations have a history of employing UK based applicants? Also, not so sure about the 457 visa due to having a young family. Would prefer something with more long term security.

Has anyone had a positive experience of 457 to perm residency? Or would a 187 be an option?

Any advice from those who have personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Stevo