Olympia Aus Exhibition?

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone's been to any of these 'Opportunities Australian Expo' exhibitions at Olympia/elsewhere before - and if they are any good?

http://www.eco.co.uk/visitors/whatson/consumer/workinginaustralia2008/

It's a bit of a logisitical nightmare getting down to London and finding childcare, so would really like to know if it's worth it!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you! :)

Guest the4hopes

Hi,

We've been to two, one in Birmingham and one at Olympia, which was actually at a hotel. They have many stands for removals, employment (we filled out a form, my husbands a plasterer, never heard anything back!) SA gov,emigration agents, lots more offering advice. Plus different talks throughout the day. We just used it as a day out and to pick up a few leaflets, listen to the odd talk. Its handy to have the people to talk to if you have lots of questions, we found our agents from the expo in Birmingham. Although I feel you can find out most of what you need on the internet, anyone on this site can give info also.

Thats my opinion, others may say different, it also depends on what you need to find out.

Laura x

Guest Lulujim

Thank you for your advice. I'm not sure we have any specific questions as am finding this site to be extremely helpful! Was hoping to make some enquiries/connections for my OH's job. Do you think it is worth going for the employment prospects? :confused:

Thanks again,

Alexis x

Guest the4hopes

Hi Alexis,

I'm not sure about the business side, we were looking at trades.Have you had a look at the website to see which stands will be there? As I said we filled out a form which took my OH details, and they were offering information, but at the time we weren't too concerned as we had only just applied for TRA so we were a long way off moving.

I hope someone else can give you more help on this.

Laura x

Guest alibongo

hi guys,

Never been to Expo before but have just bought tickets to go.. we are hoping to have a nice day out together and maybe seek employment for my hubbie. I am a nurse so not too worried about finding a job out there but OH is a parks manager so it maybe a little harder to find a job for him...I will be taking his CV with us and see if anyone can help out.

It will be nice to go and see/chat to others with a common interest too

Have a good time, Maybe I will see you there??

Ali