help with dream job please (golf related)

Guest mrandmrslumsden

Guest mrandmrslumsden

Hi all,

As a family of three my wife and i have decided to move out to australia for a better life style (within a year of this post) we have a little boy who is amazing for his age at golf (lol proud father) and due to the weather in the uk we find ourselfs not doing these sort of activities enough in the uk (East yorkshire). my wife is a registered nurse so within time im sure she will be fine finding work. My questition is i would like to work on a golf course maybe an apprenticeship in greenkeeping are these sort of role avalible or am i dreaming a bit? any info will be great, I've just left the british Army after 8 years and have loads of qualification for other types of work but working on a golf course 5 days a week keeping it in fine working order seems bliss.. thanks for reading this far lol.

see you all soon the Lumsdens :)

You could send an enquiry to some of the main golf courses here in SA or contact these people http://www.golfsa.com.au/ but just as a heads-up, when my other half played at one of the courses a few years ago and chatted to the groundsman there, he was saying how many times he'd been bitten by brown snakes whilst doing his job.... so perhaps mak sure you don't have any snake phobias first!

Guest mrandmrslumsden

thanks for the quick reply :) will check out asap hope ur all having fun out there the chance of one day a week to feel like a holiday compared to britain really excites us just hope it doesnt take to long to adjust to our new life :)