• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Registering as a teacher

lyn

Title
      Liked
      122 times
      Rep
      I went through the whole TRB registration debacle a year ago and then managed to get 3 or 4 days a week relief work just by going around all the local Catholic schools in person with my CV and registration documents ( you also need a catholic police check for Catholic schools which is very straight forward but nothing else). I didn't bother with the agencies as they take a sizeable cut from your earnings. Towards the end of last year I started applying for jobs coming up in Catholic primary schools and now have a 12 month contract (most teaching jobs are temporary contracts to start - permanency is quite hard to come by but there are quite a few temporary contracts up for grabs, especially towards the end of the academic year - November/December).

Lyn

Title
      Liked
      588 times
      Rep
      Just to update you - I got my overseas qualifications check back last friday, so that was either 1 or 2 weeks (sorry, can't remember entirely, think it was 3 weeks though), so super fast imho. Just have to do a load more hoop jumping when funds allow (the course and a UK police check again, as ours is more than 12 months old now) and then can put in the registration, which includes the Oz police check, then go and do the first aid course, and then can finally get on with actually doing some proper work :)
      Our 33,000km ish trip around Oz - have a look here (also good for tips on equipment and holiday places ) Our moving and living here blog :)

Title
      Liked
      588 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by jakeandshelley View Post
      Hi,
      i'm a primary teacher and I'm just starting the process. However some of my original documents are in the container being shipped over so I can't get my skills assessed(again ggrrrr!) without them. Very frustrating.

Shelley
      Don't worry,once they get here I think its pretty fast for people here in the country - obviously the posting them back the UK takes a bit of time, but I think they process any they have for people who are actually here in Adelaide first, if I read between the lines correctly in all my dealings with them :)
      Our 33,000km ish trip around Oz - have a look here (also good for tips on equipment and holiday places ) Our moving and living here blog :)

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide_bound View Post
      Don't worry,once they get here I think its pretty fast for people here in the country - obviously the posting them back the UK takes a bit of time, but I think they process any they have for people who are actually here in Adelaide first, if I read between the lines correctly in all my dealings with them :)
      Thanks for that. My stuff was delivered yesterday so can get things moving! :)

Title
      Liked
      88 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
      Hi Swanseajack, your situation sounds very similar to mine! I have been teaching for 17 years (primary) and I hope to get my visa soon, my OH meds were referred in December so just waiting really. We have sold our house and having to live with the parents as we were told the meds would be 8 weeks, its now 14 weeks! I was able to get my skills assessed by the TRB whilst here in England (got the all clear last week, this took 6 weeks) but the next stage, the registration part, can't be done until you get to SA as you have to take a 1 day child protection course or something like that! Anyway, all ready to board that plane once the visa comes!!!!! Have you got yours yet??
      Hi waltzing Matilda seem to be talking to you on two threads

Shall do the same as you with the TRB

Good luck
      Kathy
      waltzingmatilda likes this.

Title
      Liked
      22 times
      Rep
      I have had my skills assessed and a place booked on the madatory training course 3 days after we arrive. Hoping to get registered quickly after that.

We fly in July. x

Quote Originally Posted by SwanseaJack View Post
      Hi waltzing Matilda seem to be talking to you on two threads

Shall do the same as you with the TRB

Good luck
      Kathy

Title
      Liked
      88 times
      Rep
      Hi all

Just had a thought do I need to have been granted my visa before TRB. Sure the answer is yes but thought I'd ask

Thanks again kathy

Title
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by SwanseaJack View Post
      Hi all

Just had a thought do I need to have been granted my visa before TRB. Sure the answer is yes but thought I'd ask

Thanks again kathy
      Hi Kathy, no you don't need your visa for the first part, I don't have mine yet but was OK for this. I have family in Adelaide so had mu documents sent there and in total it took about 5 weeks from when I sent it. So its quite quick, (gives you something else to think about than the waiting for the meds that have been referred!!!! ha ha) Anyway good luck lets hope we hear something soon!!!
      SwanseaJack likes this.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Im reading all this with interest as im at the start but i need a sponser from a school to be allowed in as i have got past the golden age of 50 and i have a son in Adelaide. it all seems so difilcult but coming over in may to give my CV out as im a secondary visual art teacher but experienced special needs, here is hoping all your plans go smoothly and i can join you all asp??j

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi kathy how did you get sponsership as i need to do the same any tips??J

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast