Certificate IV in Training & Assesement.

Steve_H

Hello people of PIA. I am looking at doing this course and was wondering if anyone has recently completed it and can offer any recommendations.

I don't just want the certificate, I want to actually learn hence asking for recommendations or places to avoid. I have googled and there are many places offering the course.

Many thanks

Guest BrummieCris

Hi there, I have completed this course about 6 - 7 yrs ago and the trainer was fantastic, you get a dvd of your training a group when you are part thru so that you can go back and look at it, The course was very comprehensive lots of practical aswell as theory - i did it at night over about 18mnths but there are full week courses available. The place i went to was Education Dynamics - Marc Kalme

was the director, he is very qualified and does lots of training courses, he used to train all the sherrif officers and court house training. Look him up it will be well worth your while.

Guest sedgecl

Hi

I am currently on this course, I have only just started so in the early stages...I use to teach in colleges back in the UK, but sadly ,my qualification is not recognised in TAFESA :( so having to work on parts of the Cert 4 with RPL to be recognised...:)

Guest Jamie

Hi sedgecl

I hope you don't mind me asking but what teaching qualification did you have in the uk? Iam currently a beauty therapy lecturer in the uk within a college and am also a qualified assessor and internal verifier. I have a city and guilds certificate in education certificate and I am too under the impression I will have to do the certificate IV in training and assessment over there. We are due to fly out on the 9th of may. How are you finding the course. Having taught for the last eight years and been in the industry for the past 23 years I think I will find this a little frustrating but am prepared to do whatever it takes. Do you know whether its like the uk and you can teach along side working towards the certificate?

Thanks in advance

Denise

Hello people of PIA. I am looking at doing this course and was wondering if anyone has recently completed it and can offer any recommendations.

I don't just want the certificate, I want to actually learn hence asking for recommendations or places to avoid. I have googled and there are many places offering the course.

Many thanks

Hi Steve

I have the Cert IV and have worked in Adelaide as a Trainer and Assessor (previously I had the City and Guilds qual in the UK).

I did my Cert IV at http://www.time.net.au/ and would recommend them and they have a good reputation within industry. Another one is http://asctraining.com.au/ we use them at work and I have been impressed with their standards. I personally do not rate tafesa, my friend completed her Cert IV around the same time I did mine and the difference in methods and their training approach was like night and day compared to my course. I personally have found (doing qualifications both at private RTO's and at tafesa) that reputable privately run RTO's (Registered Training Organisations) offer a higher level of professionalism and 'real world' experience compared to tafesa. Others may have had different experiences but this has been my experience comparing the two.

I would also recommend doing the complete course (even if you can gain RPL), again this is just my opinion, but in my experience I feel it gives you a better overall understanding for when you enter the training room. It also gives you a better chance of bonding with your group and networking (and Adelaide is all about networks) and I made some great friends on my courses and it gives you the chance to sit in the classroom and listen to the Aussies and the way they do things.

I am too under the impression I will have to do the certificate IV in training and assessment over there. We are due to fly out on the 9th of may. How are you finding the course. Having taught for the last eight years and been in the industry for the past 23 years I think I will find this a little frustrating but am prepared to do whatever it takes.

Hi Denise

I understand why you may feel frustrated (I have been guilty of this as well when first arriving), but please remember you are qualified and trained in the UK system, not the Australian system. There are organisations that will 'tick and flick' and organisations that will offer a quality learning experience for the Cert IV that will set you on the right path.

Guest sedgecl

Hi jamie

I currently have the DTTLS Qualification, which is recognised in the UK, but not in OZ:( I was teaching before I left in College.

I have had lots of problems since arriving, I now have the Cert 4 which I gained through Skills Migration, My A1 also is not recognised, so it has been quite hard, I am not recognised to teach in the TAFE over here:( I have now started the Cert 4 and I will be completing my RPL to gain my certificate.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any other questions,

Where are you planning to live in SA??

Sedgecl

QUOTE=sedgecl;258645]Hi

I am currently on this course, I have only just started so in the early stages...I use to teach in colleges back in the UK, but sadly ,my qualification is not recognised in TAFESA :( so having to work on parts of the Cert 4 with RPL to be recognised...:)

Guest jorose

Many thanks

I'm currently doing mine online through TAFE. So far so good.

Guest HRHelp

Its hard to say but DOME and TAFE spring to mind. I'm upgrading my old qual to new via DOME starting with recognition of all my prior experience - so not the same route as you. Where do you live? South? city?