A question for the mechanics

huggesy

Hi,

I just want to ask the mechanics on the forum what wages per hour you are getting in the Adelaide area, I know its abit of personal question what do you get paid. But I just want to use it as a reference point to ensure my OH doesn't get messed around and get less than he is worth as I keep hearing of people being paid less than they should because they don't know any better.

He is city and guilds 3 with over 15 years in the trade in the UK independent and dealership.

PM if you would prefer not to post.:wideeyed: .

Also if you have any advice for him that you would have wanted to know on starting out that would be great to:wink:

Tell your other half to bring everything he's got. All his tools including any old imperial stuff he has, any diagnostic equipment, and all the stuff he hasn't used for 20 years like feeler gauges and carburettor adjusting tools. Snap on stuff is half the price in the UK so tell him to fill his boots on the tool vans before he packs his tools.

It's great fun here as a mechanic!

Steve