URGENT POST...Hubby requiring work ASAP

leelee53

Hi all,

Had the worst news ever this week, hubby been laid off :o(

As we have 2 young children to support (3yrs & 4 month old), he needs to secure another job asap.

He has been working in Fire Protection, but will consider literally ANYTHING at this point in order to pay the bills/put food in cupboard etc etc...

Having been a member on here for quite a while now, and knowing how helpful people can be on here, I would really appreciate it if anyone could help us out in any way at all.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa :)

hi, not that i have a job to offer, but we were in the same situ last year, 6 weeks before xmas o/h had no job, was a bad time, but we did get thru it, we sold our car, raised money on that, bought a $1000 car just to tie us over, i also put an ad on gumtree in the job section, and i emailed every company in adelaide attaching the CV and at end January it paid off and a job was found, we have 6 kids and it was tough but a job was found, if your willing to call, email,harass then it can be done, keep going and think positive, good luck and i am sure something will turn up x

Guest pizzicarella

I can't really help in getting a job - the only places I would have any influence in getting somebody a job would be like... ten hours a week with terrible pay :P certainly not enough to support a family.

If he has a HR class driving license he could work driving trucks for a while. It's not a rewarding job at all, but it is good money and there is almost always work available. Just a thought....

Or, apply for everything and anything that he is qualified for on seek.com.au, and http://www.vacancies.sa.gov.au - they are the two biggest lists of vacancies.

Thanks Pizzicarella for the advice you've given. He doesn't have a HR license but it is something that maybe we should look into getting if it opens up more doors for him on the job front. Any idea how much they cost??

Paul & Vicky, if it came to it then yes I would look for work, however my 4 month old is quite demanding on me with feeds etc at the minute so it wouldn't be the best option for us just now. Thanks for asking anyway :)

Guest Adelaide_bound

NOT that I recommend it as a job choice (having done it for a few weeks myself), if you are absolutely desperate for money and don't mind sort of selling your soul the charity collection agencies are ALWAYS hiring, and as long as you go along to the interview and play it dumb but enthusiastic you should get in. Its awful money (well, one pays 100% commission, one pays $300/week base + commission, one pays $20/hour), but it is cash I guess.

Just look on gumtree and phone up the people in the adverts (they generally do paid for ads at the top of the list if you just browse the 'jobs' section in gumtree with 'adelaide cbd' in the region.

Sorry I can't be of more help good luck, hang on in there, know how scary it can be (and thats without kids! Take my hat off to you!)