Any firms or any1 need a painter & decorator?

Guest Henrik7

Hi Lorraine,

hope oh has been able to find work since it doesn't look like anyone else has replied. I have just joined the forum as currently on the sister site poms in oz. I am currently going through the visa process - just getting all docs etc signed by solicitor to send away to TRA for skills assessment. Also doing my ielts as well which is a nightmare lol sat it twice but keep coming up .5 short in one part to get all 8 needed. Also trying to locate an ex employer who went out of business to try and get reference / statuatory declaration which woul give me over 8 years experience within last ten and claim full points.

I m looking at the possibility of locating in Adelaide once acquire visa and was wondering if you can shed any light on work opportunities within the trade ( also a brother of the brush lol ) and areas to stay etc.

any other experiences of the immigration process would also be helpful especially since arriving in oz.

​regards john

Guest WhatNow?

Speak to a migration agent based in Australia to find out what the potential is for getting an employee sponsorship. Having dealt with someone last year in the same position, I would say that the chances are slim. Without employee sponsorship they are nil.

Any good news for your husband yet, Lorraine? Perhaps contact some of the posters on the Accommodation Available section on here who have short term rental properties - now that we're coming to the end of the summer season, some of them might be wating work done on their properties? Fingers crossed...

Guest Henrik7

Hi WN thanks for the advice, I'm currently going through the process with my migration agent in UK and hoping to achieve enough points to come over on the 189 / 190 route. Just trying to be a bit more pro active in getting a feel for what job possibilities are available at present. Before deciding on what states etc may have best working pops available before coming over.

all help and advice is greatly appreciated, regards j