Electrician looking for work

Guest css

Hi,we've been here now for 4 months. Husband has been looking for work since we arrived,found some casual work a few days a week but barely covers the rent. He has a restricted electrical licence so can work for an electrician. He has had to wait until July to start the course to get his A-class licence.does any one know of any positions going ?

Guest tholmes

you and me both mate i have been out of work since feb not much to apply for.I did the A class exam when i arrived 3 years ago and it is not a multi choice walkover, am a46 year old electrician and did the 15,16 and 17th edition exams in uk this is nothing like as easy and even though i passed i dont know how.Iam at Hope Valley and if i can help i am here todo so.Good luck to you.

Hi Tracey,couldnt find the job on Flinders website.Looked through all the vacancies. Is there any where in particulat I should look or is there a phone number to the maintenence department ? Thankyou for helping by the way :-)

hi. the listing on the link was longer last night, and it was still there. I'm a sparkie too and have been here 6 months and still not working. while I didn't start applying for the first month or so due to stuff arriving and doing wiring course and not a lot being advertised around xmas..etc... I haven't had a sniff of anything yet, I can cross over into mechanical jobs and applied for trade assist in both, when they come up but still nothing,.. I think its a different job market to what it was this time last year.. I'm still waiting to get the results of my TRA.. to get a A licence.

A good app to look at also is AllJobs. Showing 13 local jobs under electrician on the search. 2 for trades assistants.

Thank you will have a look on this site now :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Flinders Uni are currently looking for an electrician http://www.flinders.edu.au/employmen...es/general.cfm

Tracey

got my thanks but no thanks email today!!! with the I am able to advise that there were a number of applicants who more closely matched the requirements of the Position Description..

which is funny as I spent the last 11 years working at a British University as electrician, contracting, maintenance and filling in for their in house team. and one of my references is from their facilities manager.........perhaps I needed 12 years worth to get a interview?.

oh well next.. :smile:

got my thanks but no thanks email today!!! with the I am able to advise that there were a number of applicants who more closely matched the requirements of the Position Description..

which is funny as I spent the last 11 years working at a British University as electrician, contracting, maintenance and filling in for their in house team. and one of my references is from their facilities manager.........perhaps I needed 12 years worth to get a interview?.

oh well next.. :smile:

Tricky I've said it before but as a helpfully sort I will say it again have you had anyone look at your resume and cover letter ? It is a big thing here and really has to be in the Aussie style with a cover letter. It should also be tweaked for every application to be more job specific.

Tricky I've said it before but as a helpfully sort I will say it again have you had anyone look at your resume and cover letter ? It is a big thing here and really has to be in the Aussie style with a cover letter. It should also be tweaked for every application to be more job specific.

hi I have had it check and was told it was fine, ("actually its quite good") was the comment, but if you can hi-light some thing I would be grateful. I have tried to send it in a pm but its too big.

if you would like to pm me your email address I would be grateful for another opinion .

hi I have had it check and was told it was fine, ("actually its quite good") was the comment, but if you can hi-light some thing I would be grateful. I have tried to send it in a pm but its too big.

if you would like to pm me your email address I would be grateful for another opinion .

I've sent you a PM.